Notices

Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #46
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
navigation button upside down

-Make it possible to switch the Up and the Down part of the Navigation key

My thumb is always on the navigation key when I am reading and it is a lot easier to push Up than Down so it should be able to couple the Up with the Next page action.
Try it some time for yourself... see what you would like.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #47
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleykenb View Post
-Make it possible to switch the Up and the Down part of the Navigation key

My thumb is always on the navigation key when I am reading and it is a lot easier to push Up than Down so it should be able to couple the Up with the Next page action.
Try it some time for yourself... see what you would like.

Try 'right' and 'left' for navigation. That works great for me
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2007, 02:12 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Left and right is better for page navigation; if you have a page containing hyperlinks, up/down moves you through the hyperlinks on the page.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:58 AM   #49
kleykenb
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If I owned a Gen3, I would say the most important upgrades to the next firmware version is to fix all the bugs in the 1.0 version and then from there go onto new features in yet another version.
Maybe they'll actually manage to fix the bugs AND add features, all in one firmware update !

Last edited by kleykenb; 11-14-2007 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:00 AM   #50
kleykenb
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Left and right is better for page navigation; if you have a page containing hyperlinks, up/down moves you through the hyperlinks on the page.
Ive tried left and right, and I don't find them as easy as pushing Up.
Especially so when it is in the leather cover.

Last edited by kleykenb; 11-14-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Advert
Old 11-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #51
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 & Opus
Speaking of the non book files that are automatically created by the Cybook when you read, it would be nice if they were automatically deleted also when you delete a book! Maybe in the next firmware release?
IreneDelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #52
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 & Opus
I wonder also about translating the interface in other languages, besides the French and English available now. It would be a nice bonus for buyers in other european countries to be able to use the Cybook Gen3 in their own language, and as Europe seems to be Bookeen's main market...
IreneDelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #53
sm69lover
sm69lover began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen GEn3
1. Better support of Unicode
2. Like Hanlin V.3, support chm, djvu
3. Fix the display optimal bug
4. SDK for us to develop better software for the unit like the Sony PRS-500, Illiad, or V3
5. Open source police is the success of Linux. All these ebook or GPX2 just say they use linux, but their source code always hidden or extremely hard to read. They are the one get the fruit juice from the open source campus but feedback none. Even worse than M$ windoz. Since M$ Windoz just keep their source code and develop their own. They don't get the code from open source. So they don't have responsability to open their code. But these linux units never try to open their source. What the hell !
sm69lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #54
dhcalva
Enthusiast
dhcalva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
The things I would like to see on the reader are these:

1) Folders!
2) More options for Sorting books, at the very least By Author and By Genre
3) The ability to search for a book by name or author, including partial names
4) The ability to resume to the book you were reading when you turn the device back on.
5) Mapable +/- keys when not playing music. Or at least make them a Page Up and Page Down key. Useful both for reading and for browsing through the library.
6) The ability to read in landscape mode. It occurs to me that with the black case the way it is, it might make a good stand on a table.
dhcalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #55
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Text highlighting. (If it's possible to select words for a dictionary search, it wouldn't be hard to create a tool to actually highlight the text and save it that way).
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #56
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
What I's really wantses...

A folders system which really *WORKS*! I've got the older Sony PRS500 as well as the Cybook and I wasn't impressed with the 'collections' thing all that much on the PRS500 because it didn't really put the ebooks in a folder it just put their titles in a collection list. How difficult to remember!

A real folder navigation system would mean I could put all my thrillers into a Thrillers folder and see the Thrillers folder in the main Library screen. When I click on it, it would then refresh the Library screen to show only those subfolders and titles in there. If I had a subfolder labeled Romance Thrillers, I wouldn't see any of the titles contained therein until I selected that folder and clicked to open. It's a simple concept and the basic concept has been used since the days of CP/M.

We *NEED* this because when we put in our SD cards stuffed with several hundred ebooks, the search process to find an ebook title halfway through the list can be quite frustrating.

Then, I'd like to see either a By Authors title listing which breaks it down by Authors | Authors A, B, C, etc. | Authors A - Adams, Alt, Anderson, etc... | Authors A/Alt, Madelyn/A Charmed Death, Hex Marks the Spot, The Trouble with Magic... Of course, each selection point would open up a new Library display as one drilled down...

Of course, adding support for Amazon Kindle .azw files would be a big plus.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #57
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
It would be great if someone from Bookeen actually read these forums!! .. time will tell!

I basically love the Cybook but a few 'tweaks' would be awesome:

1) As others have said an 'author' sort of some kind is a must

2) The option to change the buttons usage .. especially the volume ones as I have no intention of ever playing music on it!

3) It may sound weird to some but I would really like page numbers! .. when I read a book if there are page numbers I have a rough idea of where I am should the kids come along and change it all for me! .. but with a 'progress bar' I don't stand a chance! .. When I sold my iRex I was part-way thru one of my e-books and trying to find where that was via the progress bar was an absolute nightmare!!

4) Again, as others have said, the ability to switch on and arrive where you left off ..

5) The 'delete' option to be working

Hmm it looks a bit like a 'list' now but basically even if nothing changed I'd still like it and still choose it over the other readers ..

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #58
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
-compatibility to 4gb sd cards => english wikipedia on the cybook!
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #59
ggendel
Connoisseur
ggendel is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook 3
You've all covered my list nicely. So I'll add one more item...

An SDK! Then we can help pitch in and extend it's capabilities instead of whining.

Gary
ggendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #60
Paulius
Paulius began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Nokia 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
You've all covered my list nicely. So I'll add one more item...

An SDK! Then we can help pitch in and extend it's capabilities instead of whining.

Gary
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Paulius is offline   Reply With Quote