Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #46
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Any comments on the option to export comments/highlights/notes or a document with all these to the desktop?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #47
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Read comment #30 in this thread.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #48
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Booxtor
great video review. Thanks.

Could you please test the pdf file from the following thread?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...13&postcount=1

Last edited by eLiNK; 11-29-2011 at 08:33 AM.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #49
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamizase View Post
Read comment #30 in this thread.
thanks but I need to know if this is hackable, officially many other e-readers do not support this but just because the notes/highlights are stored in a litesql db they can be manually exported.

I already asked about this before but the work was not completed. Unfortunately I do not own a device. Or should I say fortunately..?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...79#post1738379

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 11-29-2011 at 07:04 PM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 AM   #50
newray
newray began at the beginning.

Device: none
how is web browsing in the M92?

Hi Booxter, Thanks for the great video!
Can you tell something about how good the M92
is for web-browsing via the wi-fi connection?
newray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 02:29 AM   #51
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
and post more video (personally I'm interested more in seeing how it behaves with technical PDF documents)
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:57 AM   #52
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi guys,

I am back again I was a little bit traveling and the m92 with me.
I will try to answer your questions here about M92

"...Booxtor, what about battery power consumption? How much time does it take to discharge the M92?.."

after two weeks of occasional using the device the battery status is still by 70%.

"...what about password protected pdf's?..."

No Idea.. Just don't have one

"... Booxtor, according to your current experiences (since it should be a beta device), do you suggest M92 for buying?
- Was it frozen in the last couple days as you were using it?
- What about battery life? ..."

Yes, I would buy it, especially if you read and work with a lot of PDFs.
In the testing time I didn't expirience any crashs or abnormal behavior of the ereader.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 AM   #53
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
Booxtor
great video review. Thanks.

Could you please test the pdf file from the following thread?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...13&postcount=1
Handling of this file with M92 is a little bit strange.
It is a 1292 pages big chinese book. Opening of the book is like 30 seconds and the turning to next page takes sometimes 3 seconds and sometimes up to 10 seconds.. Unusuall.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #54
initx
Enthusiast
initx began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nokia Lumia 800
Thank you Booxtor so much!
So if I read a lots of PDF, and also have to learn them (and therefore annotate, highlight, make notes etc.) would you recommend this M92 or perhaps a Dell Latitude ST tablet? I am very confused, if these e-readers are REALLY superb for long-term reading as compared to active LED type screens with backlight.
initx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #55
jbaach
Connoisseur
jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: prs 505, pocketbook 903, onyx boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by initx View Post
I am very confused, if these e-readers are REALLY superb for long-term reading as compared to active LED type screens with backlight.
I don't have a m92, so I can't talk about annotation etc. But when it comes to (black and white or some greyscale) reading, eink beats led in a big way. I have read 10000s of pages so far on ereaders (prs 505, pocketbook 903). I don't even think about reading more then 1 page on a led anymore. And I read outside... :-)
jbaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #56
not3nor4
just because
not3nor4 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch, Onyx Boox M92
Hey Booxtor,

Thanks for the review! I was planning to buy a Pocketbook Pro 912, but since no one knows for sure when it will actually become available, I'm probably going to get an Onyx Boox in the next couple of days...

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. Does M92 support folders, especially folders within folders?

2. If the touch screen/stylus is not essential, would you advice people to get an M91s instead? They pretty much have the same hardware right? Does M92 use a different firmware than M91s does?

3. I'm also based in Germany, but the store you recommended (ereader-store) seems to carry Pocketbook products only. Where else can you buy an M92/M91s?
not3nor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #57
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by not3nor4 View Post
Hey Booxtor,

Thanks for the review! I was planning to buy a Pocketbook Pro 912, but since no one knows for sure when it will actually become available, I'm probably going to get an Onyx Boox in the next couple of days...

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. Does M92 support folders, especially folders within folders?

2. If the touch screen/stylus is not essential, would you advice people to get an M91s instead? They pretty much have the same hardware right? Does M92 use a different firmware than M91s does?

3. I'm also based in Germany, but the store you recommended (ereader-store) seems to carry Pocketbook products only. Where else can you buy an M92/M91s?
I am very much interested in this as well. I just wonder if there are any other upcoming devices, which one should know of and keep in mind. I know there is the Hanvon e920 (and its color version c920), as well as the ectaco Jetbook Color; but it is still unclear if these readers are ever going to be released in Europe. Also, the do not support the .djvu format, which I really much want to have on a reader.

The incredibly high resolution of the e920 is very intriguing though....
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:04 AM   #58
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post

The incredibly high resolution of the e920 is very intriguing though....
Just keep in mind the high resolution technology used in color models /eInk Triton 1600/1200/ shows HQ only in color pages. When B/W text/picture is displayed the resolution is halved 800/600.

Last edited by onesome; 12-08-2011 at 06:46 AM.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #59
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post
Just keep in mind the high resolution technology used in color models /eInk Triton 1600/1200/ shows HQ only in color pages. When B/W text/picture is displayed the resolution is halved 800/600.
rather, the other way round.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #60
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post
That is why I specifically talked about the color version implying that I am interested in the version without the color filter.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote