Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
Using FBreader without stylus

Is there any way I can probably use the FBreader on my digital reader without the use of stylus , i have lost my stylus and cannot figure out any way to proceed quite frankly .
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Getting a replacement stylus would probably be the best option.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:20 AM   #3
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
Is there any way I can probably use the FBreader on my digital reader without the use of stylus , i have lost my stylus and cannot figure out any way to proceed quite frankly .
If you just want to read books and not use the library function or TOC in FBReader then installing the content browser update will let you open books directly from the DR's default file browser and you can then turn pages with single sensor taps and skip chapters with long sensor presses.

But I agree with Harry that a stylus is pretty essential. Why not use the opportunity to treat yourself to one of the deluxe models?
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
pakiyabhai
Zealot

I think I would be treating myself with one of the deluxe models, shall read about them , harryt you have a deluxe model yourself don't ya ? Is it more useful ?

epiphany , the content browser update you have describe seems to be for the 1.5 version , while I have updated my illiad to the 1.6 , is it ok to install it ?
Old 06-19-2009, 02:44 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I think I would be treating myself with one of the deluxe models, shall read about them , harryt you have a deluxe model yourself don't ya ? Is it more useful ?

epiphany , the content browser update you have describe seems to be for the 1.5 version , while I have updated my illiad to the 1.6 , is it ok to install it ?
Yes, I have the "Advanced" stylus. It's very much nicer to use than the standard stylus supplied with the DR because it's just like a normal pen to hold. The "flip" cover which I have has an elasticated loop in its "spine" which holds it nicely.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I have installed the content browser update on my DR1000S with v1.6 firmware and it works fine.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:57 AM   #7
pakiyabhai
Zealot

I got myself the updated stylus and my my , the browsing has become fun yet again !
Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 AM   #8
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
I have installed the content browser update on my DR1000S with v1.6 firmware and it works fine.
The code for R1.6 has been released, which shows that the R1.6 content browser has changed! So installing the patched R1.5 ctb will disable some new functionality.
(Although the changes are not that big and you will probably not notice them ...)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote