Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
gmackenz
gmackenz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500
Latest Calibre crashes on launch python complains of unknown locale en_En

I dont know if a shell environmental changed or what, but as 7.28-29 I can no longer launch Calibre. It always crashes, evidently the python 2.7 complains about the en_En local not being present? Something went awry on my 10.6.5 Mac os x.
gmackenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Version 0.7.29 is quite outdated. I'd suggest trying the most recent version 0.7.34.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure the LANG environment variable is correctly set. It should look like

en_US.UTF-8

not

en_En

which is wrong.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
gmackenz
gmackenz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500
@Mancichean: I can't run any version beyond 0.7.27 without getting this error.

@kovidgoyal: Do I set the LANG environmental in BASH shell? I am curious that something changed Calibre in 0.7.28 and newer client versions to require this in Mac OS X?
gmackenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
googling will tell you how to set environment variables in OS X.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert