Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
robsteiner
Rob Steiner
robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
THE LAST KEY, a fantasy adventure novel for $1.99!

Hi all,

My name is Rob Steiner, and I live in Royal Oak, MI, with my wife, daughter, and "wiener-cat" Scully. When I'm not spending time with my family or writing books, I'm dreaming of one day taking over for Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

I hope you enjoy my fantasy adventure novel THE LAST KEY:

Andea is a land where humans have learned to harness their Faith -- the life essence in all living beings -- to magically shape the world around them. It is a place where warrior-priests called dahkshari keep order by serving as judge, jury, and executioner. And where common Andeans strike out into the unknown frontier along Andea’s borders to escape the overcrowded Great Cities and the strict Faith dogmas of Andea’s cleric lords.

Raven Byrne is a novice dahkshari on the verge of completing his training when his mentor, Jelan Drummond, is killed by an evil sect of clerics called the Kindred. But before Jelan dies, he gives Raven an ancient magic called the Reaping Key, one of three parts to a power that has been guarded by Jelan's people for centuries. In the wrong hands, the wielder of all three Reaping Keys could “reap” the souls of human beings, using the souls as fuel for unspeakable magical horrors that could destroy nations.

Raven soon discovers the man behind the Kindred is Thallan Brael, a popular Andean war hero whose family was tragically killed during the closing days of Andea's recent war with Loquath. Brael has two Reaping Keys, and is now after Raven's Key. With the combined Keys, Brael could reap the souls of every Loquathi man, woman, and child. The guilty and the innocent would pay for the lives of Brael's dead family.

With the help of Brael's niece, Seala Mesalek, and an outlaw band of Faith heretics, Raven embarks on a journey across Andea's dangerous frontier to not only keep the last Key from Brael, but to stop Brael from using the two Keys he has to commit genocide. Along the way Raven learns to put aside his prejudice against heretics, his doubts in himself, and become the honorable dahkshari Jelan would have been proud of.

Only $1.99!

Buy it on Kindle!

Buy it on Smashwords!
robsteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
robsteiner
Rob Steiner
robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robsteiner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Free Book Coupon - THE LAST KEY, a fantasy adventure novel

Free download at Smashwords.com until 6/20/2010
THE LAST KEY by Rob Steiner
Coupon Code: WG73H
Expires: June 20, 2010

Hope you enjoy the book! If you do, please leave a rating or review at Smashwords, Amazon, Goodreads, etc. Thank You!

Book Description:

[Image deleted - MODERATOR]

Andea is a land where humans have learned to harness their Faith -- the life essence in all living beings -- to magically shape the world around them. It is a place where warrior-priests called dahkshari keep order by serving as judge, jury, and executioner. And where common Andeans strike out into the unknown frontier along Andea’s borders to escape the overcrowded Great Cities and the strict Faith dogmas of Andea’s cleric lords.

Raven Byrne is a novice dahkshari on the verge of completing his training when his mentor, Jelan Drummond, is killed by an evil sect of clerics called the Kindred. But before Jelan dies, he gives Raven an ancient magic called the Reaping Key, one of three parts to a power that has been guarded by Jelan's people for centuries. In the wrong hands, the wielder of all three Reaping Keys could “reap” the souls of human beings, using the souls as fuel for unspeakable magical horrors that could destroy nations.

Raven soon discovers the man behind the Kindred is Thallan Brael, a popular Andean war hero whose family was tragically killed during the closing days of Andea's recent war with Loquath. Brael has two Reaping Keys, and is now after Raven's Key. With the combined Keys, Brael could reap the souls of every Loquathi man, woman, and child. The guilty and the innocent would pay for the lives of Brael's dead family.

With the help of Brael's niece, Seala Mesalek, and an outlaw band of Faith heretics, Raven embarks on a journey across Andea's dangerous frontier to not only keep the last Key from Brael, but to stop Brael from using the two Keys he has to commit genocide. Along the way Raven learns to put aside his prejudice against heretics, his doubts in himself, and become the honorable dahkshari Jelan would have been proud of.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-05-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thank you! It sounds interesting in your description, so I've grabbed it and added it to my TBR list.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Thank you very much. I too have downloaded it into my TBR file. Great description, sounds interesting. Cheers
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
And the term TBR comes out of nowhere!
Not too bad Yes I'll be reading this too!
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
robsteiner
Rob Steiner

Thanks for picking up the book! Happy to be on your TBR lists.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Thanks. I downloaded yours plus 4 other free reads from Smashwords!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Many thanks!

Added that to my list of books to read
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:22 AM   #9
diamondmarco
diamondmarco began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
Thanks Rob.
diamondmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #10
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Sounds like my type of book Rob. Looking forward to reading it
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
robsteiner
Rob Steiner

One week left before this free ebook offer expires!

If you enjoyed the book, I'd be most grateful if you left a review on either Amazon or Smashwords. One or two lines will do, but feel free to right more.

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Great book, Rob. I think you've got three votes on Smashwords for a sequel. Any word on that?
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Just grabbed a copy - Thanks Rob
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #14
robsteiner
Rob Steiner

MmavisO: Glad you enjoyed the book! Yes, a sequel is in the works. I pretty much have it outlined, but I need to finish another project before I can start it.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #15
robsteiner
Rob Steiner

I couldn't be more thrilled New Podler's review of THE LAST KEY:

"The Last Key is a great fantasy story. Steiner has crafted a world where politics muddy the boundary between good and evil and forces the characters to find a clear path to solve a world-shattering crisis. His characters rise above stereotypes and engage each other with realistic dialogue that comes naturally to them. And they evolve. Although it is only his first novel, The Last Key clearly exemplifies Steiner's mastery of writing high fantasy. He is one to watch."

Read more at The New Podler Review of Books.