Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Airport People

Chicago, O'Hare, Gate K11

50-something biker wanna-be with his new leather jacket, expensively faux-aged, "I wasn't there but I still care" patch sewn onto the sleeve. He dreams romanticized "Apocalypse Now" fantasies while at his 9-to-5 desk job. Life revolves around planning his next road trip to a biker rally, where he can buy shots for vets and ogle the tattooed flesh of biker girls.

The magazine-cover gorgeous 20-something, trailing designer luggage, perfume, and the hungry gazes of businessmen behind her like an entourage.

A herd of teen model hopefuls and their hovering parents, on their way to New York for their big shot, casting mock-friendly smiles while they size each other up, carefully cataloging each minor flaw in the other. They don't realize that none of them have a chance, that every 15-year old girl is pretty, so that all their primping and styling serves only to make them blend into the homogenized background. None notice the one true beauty at the gate, the middle-aged woman, a touch of silver at the temples, glasses perched on her nose, a slightly askew smile as she reads something wonderful, the heart-stopping way she dangles her shoe on her gently rocking toes. No practiced posture can match the effortless elegance of that unconscious gesture.

The couple at the bar. They've been together too long, and have settled into a boredom so complete it is nearly Zen-like in its purity. It's a black hole, and any topic tossed into it disappears without a trace. They are jaded, on their way somewhere in the vain hope that the newness of it will break through the event horizon. Even my smile, cast their way, is twisted and fractured and reflected back at me in duplex as an irritated, suspicious frown.

A row of frat boys, tight shirts, plaid shorts, open mouths, heads bobbing to their iPods, looking uncomfortable, out of place without a halo of empty PBR cans and a troupe of tramp-stamped girlfriends.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 07-23-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
I'm totally hooked . . . Click image for larger version

Name:	hooked fish.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	32843
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Glad you could breeze by. Hope you can stay longer this time! Great observational pieces!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No such luck, I'm afraid. I'm off to Hilton Head next week, then somewhere else the week after that. I'm not complaining, especially when so many of my friends are unemployed!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Oh this is great!
Please tell me it won't stop too long, I love it!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Just be careful at the airport. I'm just saying...

Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
That was on BBC radio news this morning.
They get most of their stories from YouTube these days.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Too relevant! I obviously fly United, obviously O'Hare (I live in Chicago) and obviously (check my username) own a few Taylor guitars!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post

Everyone, click through to the Youtube page. Apparently it's a true story.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote