Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ALL ABOUT SKINS!!! Welcome New Kindle Owners! Ask your Skin questions here!

I am sure we have many new Kindle owners in our midst and many of you are now searching for the perfect skin. Ask and share yours here!

I just got a new Decal Girl skin and LOVE it!!! I have the skin below in matte. The colors just GLOW and have a beautiful translucence. There are other places for skins as well. Share your skins and questions here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arcticbear.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	63507  

Last edited by kindlekitten; 12-25-2010 at 03:09 PM.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Here is the one I have, also from Decal Girl. Very easy to install, too.

Holly
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ak3-standalone.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	63510  
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
beautiful! I've heard wonderful things about decal girl.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
I like the look of these and they seem to have a much better reputation than most skins.

Just how matte is the matte? If that makes sense (for reference, how matte is it compared to the Kindle's surface). What does the surface feel like? I like the idea of changing the surface of the Kindle, especially covering the logo, but I'd like to avoid anything very sticker-like in feel/appearance or reflective. ::edited for clarity.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 12-25-2010 at 12:30 PM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
it's not at all sticky. I've had the gloss before, and this is much superior to the gloss. balancing the kindle on my hand I feel that it is not quite as slippery as when naked. also, the matte does not pick up fingerprints which the glossy kind did. I most recently had a Skin It skin and I really did NOT like it.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Wow looks great, ill check them out!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Thanks for the info. =) I'll check them out.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Do these skins use a sticky "glue" or do they just use what I will call vinyl adhesion?
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Do these skins use a sticky "glue" or do they just use what I will call vinyl adhesion?
I guess the adhesion is more accurate. I removed the skinit yesterday to put on the new Decalgirl cover. there is absolutely no residue involved. I cut out the only worthwhile bit of the former skinit and put it onto my laptop. I have heard that some people have reused their skins if they are extremely careful when removing them (I didn't really care, so wasn't terribly attentive when removing it)
Old 12-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
sleepy6553
Connoisseur
sleepy6553 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
Here's my DecalGirl with the Amazon apple green lighted cover.

I hope these images aren't too big. I didn't know how to do thumbnails.

Merry Christmas!

EDIT: Thanks for the help in showing me how to make thumbnails!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kindle_back.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	63679   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle_front.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	63680  

Last edited by sleepy6553; 12-27-2010 at 10:25 PM.
sleepy6553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

nope! they're perfect! and welcome to the forums!
Old 12-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy6553 View Post
Here's my DecalGirl with the Amazon apple green lighted cover. I hope these images aren't too big. I didn't know how to do thumbnails.

Merry Christmas!
Gorgeous pics. Love the skin and welcome to mobileread
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:40 AM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

bump for the morning crew
Old 12-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #14
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
bump for the morning crew
Ah, instead of a sticky, a bouncy or bumpy. I like it.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Ah, instead of a sticky, a bouncy or bumpy. I like it.
we can only try!