Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Not hitting right search: One Reader / Two Computers

Hi,

Probably an FAQ, but I can't find it.

Someone asked me if a single reader can be installed to two computers, each with the Connect software, both tied to the same account.

The man is going to Mexico and wants to install Connect on his Desktop here (Houston) and his laptop that he brings with him to Mexico. Wants to be sure that when he's in Mex, he'll be able to buy new books. :-)

m
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv View Post
Someone asked me if a single reader can be installed to two computers, each with the Connect software, both tied to the same account.
Yes, and no. The three devices, 1 Reader and 2 PC's can be registered to the same account. The three devices will read files d/l'ed from that same account.

(I say no because you don't really "install" a reader to a computer.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Ah, but you do connect the Reader to a computer via USB right? I suppose that's what I mean by "install."

So the Connect software will need to be installed on both systems and setup for the same Sony Connect account.

Thanks!!!
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Ah, but you do connect the Reader to a computer via USB right? I suppose that's what I mean by "install."
I see.

Quote:
So the Connect software will need to be installed on both systems and setup for the same Sony Connect account.

Thanks!!!
No problem. Glad to help.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote