Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
smokey
Banned
smokey began at the beginning.

lost the collection data on prs505

i lost the collection data[sdcard] on prs505, all of sudden, but all files are intact on it , but history also gone
on internal memory everything is intact.
great loss, i had arranged about 3000 files in 34 collections. any suggestions for future.
any other software better than ebook lib 2.5 , which i can use .
please help.
smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I try my best to keep Calibre in sync with what's on my device because sometimes my collections/history/bookmarks are wiped. I'm not sure why it happens but it's happened twice so far.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
i lost the collection data[sdcard] on prs505, all of sudden, but all files are intact on it , but history also gone
on internal memory everything is intact.
great loss, i had arranged about 3000 files in 34 collections. any suggestions for future.
any other software better than ebook lib 2.5 , which i can use .
please help.
I've had that happen from time to time. Do you have the collections built in the library on your PC too or did you build them right on the Reader? I have them all in my PC library so when it happens I can just clear the memory card and resync. A bit of a pain but it only takes a few minutes to get it all fixed when it does happen.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only time I've lost my collections/last page read information was when I pulled the USB cable from the Reader too soon. Now I eject it before I pull the cable and I've never had a problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote