Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #196
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Where do you find all of these cool pictures!?!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #197
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
pics of harry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Where do you find all of these cool pictures!?!
google

lotsa' hats
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	harry_dresden__wizard_by_iceman_elie-d303m9v.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	77754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blake-1.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	77755   Click image for larger version

Name:	DresSorc6.png
Views:	297
Size:	515.2 KB
ID:	77756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry_Dresden_by_ChrisMcGrath.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	77757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry_Dresden_by_dauntingfire.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	77758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Small_Favor_web.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	77759  
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #198
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, so since when was Nick Cage Harry Dresden...hmmmm!?!?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #199
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
Quote:

LOL

BTW I just finished Ghost Story, the newest in the series and

Wow!!! I loved it...

I can't believe I've found that rare series that doesn't get bad after so many books.

This happened with the LKH Anita Blake series and the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #200
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool nick cage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
LOL

BTW I just finished Ghost Story, the newest in the series and

Wow!!! I loved it...

I can't believe I've found that rare series that doesn't get bad after so many books.

This happened with the LKH Anita Blake series and the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
no, cage is in costume for the movie the sorcerer's apprentice. he was also an executive producer of that movie as well as executive producer of the dresden files tv series, and both the wicker man and shadow of the vampire movies.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-14-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: clarity
Advert
Old 10-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #201
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
no, cage is in costume for the movie the sorcerer's apprentice. he was also an executive producer of that movie as well as executive producer of the dresden files tv series, and the wicker man and shadow of the vampire movies.
Oh alright, he's forgiven, except in his failure to find Dresden a suitable home, even if that wasn't his job! He's Nicholas Cage for goodness sakes, nephew of Francis Ford Coppola, you're telling me the man didn't have enough clout to pull some strings and make things happen?? [/rant]

I think Dresden will always look like this to me:

Old 10-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #202
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh alright, he's forgiven, except in his failure to find Dresden a suitable home, even if that wasn't his job! He's Nicholas Cage for goodness sakes, nephew of Francis Ford Coppola, you're telling me the man didn't have enough clout to pull some strings and make things happen?? [/rant]

I think Dresden will always look like this to me:

to the rant
Old 10-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #203
Keryl Raist
Zealot
Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Quote:
maybe like this....
That'll do. That will certainly do!

I liked the guy who played Harry on the TV show, but I love the way James reads the books. He's got Harry's voice down so well.
Keryl Raist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #204
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Finished Summer Knight last night. Loved it! Definitely my favorite so far.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #205
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Finished Summer Knight last night. Loved it! Definitely my favorite so far.
Yeah.. What I'm finding is the books get better with each volume. Hoping it continues, though with a series this big there's bound to be some weak ones.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #206
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool re-read

just finished my re-read of small favor (enjoyed it a whole lot, of course). now i'll re-read the two intervening short stories, day off and backup, then begin re-reading turn coat.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #207
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool whoops...

there are two more short stories, the warrior and last call, to re-read before i get to start my turn coat re-read
Old 10-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #208
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
read and enjoyed déjà dead. i agree that it's as unlike the bones tv show as the dresden files books are unlike the dresden files tv series.
Quote:
I don't think the books an TV show were that different. Yes, the stories were different but that character is the same.The character in Bones and the character in the Temperance Brenan series are two completely different women - and I'm not just talking about looks. In the show: Temperance is a bachelorette brilliant anthropologist with an odd lack of social understandings. In the books shes married or divorced (I can't remember) and a mother, with an icy type exterior.
i don't percieve the tv harry as the same harry as is in the books. for one he's not hardly snarky at all and has very little humor in his replies to the other characters and in his narration. he's too short as well.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #209
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
i don't percieve the tv harry as the same harry as is in the books. for one he's not hardly snarky at all and has very little humor in his replies to the other characters and in his narration. he's too short as well.
Differences I admit, I have not noticed, but then again I've only watched one episode of the show recently.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #210
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool hmmmm....

Quote:
Differences I admit, I have not noticed, but then again I've only watched one episode of the show recently.
i had viewed the entire tv series their first time around on syfy before ever discovering the books. for some reason that i don't fathom i've never pictured the harry of the books as looking or sounding anything like paul blackthorn. i liked the tv series a lot, which was the reason i sought out the books, but for some reason that i don't quite understand the two different iterations of harry dresden remain totally seperate in my head.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy