Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #16
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Good luck with your new e-cig, lene1949.

I've been using them since June 2009, exclusively. Haven't had a cigarette since... And this after smoking for more than 28 years.

Nope, they're still not as good as quitting altogether. But, as someone who really didn't (doesn't?) want to quit, this is better than cigarettes (cheaper and better smelling!).

Again, good luck.

Last edited by Mickey330; 11-29-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Durn grammar!
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:46 AM   #17
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
Haha, how funny is that? I quite smoking after I read that book and haven't picked it up since! It didn't bother me at all; no withdrawal, no meany-ness, nothing! I feel much better too.

Well, obviously
And the book only cost about $15; not like these nicotin-patches/chewing gum or mechanical devices.
But for about 4 months after I quit; I only left the house with that book under my arm. When I ' wavered' , I had to have that book within reach to check out my motivation.

In hindsight it looks silly, well...it was, but at the time I was glad I didn't smoke anymore.

Lene: go for it.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 03:09 AM   #18
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
Good luck with your new e-cig, lene1949.

I've been using them since June 2009, exclusively. Haven't had a cigarette since... And this after smoking for more than 28 years.

Nope, they're still not as good as quitting altogether. But, as someone who really didn't (doesn't?) want to quit, this is better than cigarettes (cheaper and better smelling!).

Again, good luck.
Yes! This is it! I really enjoy smoking, but these days it's sooooo antisocial...

My battery has just run out - forgot to charge it last night... and I'm now smoking analogs... From I got up this morning till the battery ran out, I smoked 2 analog cigarettes...

It was just like 'smoking'.. I wanted to 'ash' off in the ashtray... I looked at the 'tip' to see if it was still lit... I made sure it was 'out', before I put it down...

I like it... but I think people will have just as much problems switching to e-cigarettes as they had switching to e-books...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote