Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
ejknapp
ejknapp doesn't litterejknapp doesn't litter

Device: none
The Undead Situation-newly revised, still 99 cents, & new free formats!

Hey, forum buddies! I do believe this calls for a new thread. My zombie novel, The Undead Situation, is now revised...better formatting and a significant difference in grammar. So, if that was keeping you from taking a peek, hesitate no longer!

As well as the Kindle version, I also have many free versions on my website. I've got .mobi, .epub, .lrf, and a couple others. I make new formats upon request, too.

Here is the synopsis

/////////////
When it happened, people tried to create a cure. The government attempted to form contingency plan after plan, each one failing more so than the last. No matter what anyone did after it all started, the dead came back and ate people. Civilization collapsed as fast as the chance of survival diminished. Looked like the apocalypse had finally arrived...

Amidst the chaos, one survivor sat back and contemplated the gore stained streets and screams of his fellow man with little more emotion than one of the walking corpses. Self-proclaimed sociopath Cyrus V. Sinclair isn’t much troubled by the living dead rising and roaming the Earth. What with his cache of guns and MREs, he rather likes the idea of hunkering down in his Seattle apartment until the end of days—come hell or high water. That is until he meets up with Gabe, a belligerent annoyance, and the other inconvenient survivors who cramp his style and force him to reevaluate his outlook on life.
////////////

I’m always looking for input of any kind! I love receiving comments and take them all to heart.

Here is the link to Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/The-Undead-Sit...0553658&sr=8-1

And here is the link to my website, with the free formats.
http://eloisejknapp.com/
ejknapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
The links for mobi and epub dont work
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
ejknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
The links for mobi and epub dont work
Ahh! What the heck. I will look into it asap. Thanks for letting me know!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I went ahead and bought the book from amazon anyhow
Old 01-08-2010, 12:47 AM   #5
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
404's on the epub. Glad to hear you're offering other formats, been looking forward to it.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:51 AM   #6
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I am going to check it out. I will read the first couple of chapters and if I like those I will buy the one off amazon. I tried to grab the epub but its missing. So I downloaded the lrf file and converted it to epub with Calibre, just to let you know that file seems to have two book covers in it. The first cover that comes up is the proper size but the second cover that comes up right after it is a bit bigger and doesn't fit the Calibre reader. Its not very important but thought I would let you know.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I purchased your novel on Dec. 8, from Amazon, but have yet to read it.

Do they have the newer version up?

Should I get the newer version?

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Read it Don. You will love it. I got an early version and did not notice the few errors as the story was so gripping.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Read it Don. You will love it. I got an early version and did not notice the few errors as the story was so gripping.

Well, I didn't buy it out of charity. I bought it with every intention of reading it, but I have other priorities at the moment, listed right below the 'd' on this word:

I'm currently reading "Under The Dome," and have about 10 other novels lined up before I'm free to make any future decisions about what I'll be reading.

Don
Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Well, I didn't buy it out of charity. I bought it with every intention of reading it, but I have other priorities at the moment, listed right below the 'd' on this word:

I'm currently reading "Under The Dome," and have about 10 other novels lined up before I'm free to make any future decisions about what I'll be reading.

Don
Yeah. I understand. It's a hard life isn't it.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
LOL! Same here
I am all for supporting new authors but I also keep a list of books to be read... and I am about 75% into Under the Dome
Old 01-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #12
ejknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
404's on the epub. Glad to hear you're offering other formats, been looking forward to it.
They should all be fixed now. Let me know!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #13
ejknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I am going to check it out. I will read the first couple of chapters and if I like those I will buy the one off amazon. I tried to grab the epub but its missing. So I downloaded the lrf file and converted it to epub with Calibre, just to let you know that file seems to have two book covers in it. The first cover that comes up is the proper size but the second cover that comes up right after it is a bit bigger and doesn't fit the Calibre reader. Its not very important but thought I would let you know.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm not that great with Calibre, but I'm going to try and fix that cover error. The ePub and Mobi should be working now as well.

Dr. Drib! I do suggest getting the new one. Feel free to try and get one of the free formats on my website, as I do believe they are working now. The newer version is a lot smoother of a read. My editor cut out some of the ending in the most recent version, so it is different in that regard. I'm going to add it back in. Maybe redownload once you're finished with "Under the Dome"

Thanks for the feedback and posts, you guys!!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejknapp View Post
Thanks for letting me know. I'm not that great with Calibre, but I'm going to try and fix that cover error. The ePub and Mobi should be working now as well.

Dr. Drib! I do suggest getting the new one. Feel free to try and get one of the free formats on my website, as I do believe they are working now. The newer version is a lot smoother of a read. My editor cut out some of the ending in the most recent version, so it is different in that regard. I'm going to add it back in. Maybe redownload once you're finished with "Under the Dome"

Thanks for the feedback and posts, you guys!!

Will do!

Thanks,
Don
Old 01-24-2010, 12:57 AM   #15
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Well I started reading your book yesterday. And I found it very enjoyable. LOL after the first few chapters I wasn't sure I would since I found Cyrus kinda odd (which obviously he is supposed to be). But I was still intrigued so I kept reading and finished it today. So will there be a sequel? I assume there will be based on the ending. And I am sure the sequel is a long way off since this is fairly new?

Anyway very nice job. I will steer some of my friends your direction.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 01-24-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote