Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-28-2015, 04:42 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IE 8 behaves the same (Taskbarwize )as Firefox on XP
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:17 PM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I don't understand the issue with stacking in the taskbar. I have 15 tabs open tabs in Firefox, 5 in Chrome and 12 in IE, and I only have 1 icon for each program in my task bar. I don't remember ever having a configuration in Windows where opening multiple tabs in a browser results in multiple icons in the task bar.

Unless you're opening a new browser window each time, rather than a new tab?

Shari
Well, IE shows an entry for each tab on the taskbar, although they are stacked. It is one of the annoyances that makes me never want to use IE.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:16 AM   #18
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Well, IE shows an entry for each tab on the taskbar, although they are stacked. It is one of the annoyances that makes me never want to use IE.
In IE11 this behavior can be inhibited in Internet Options>General>Tabs i.e. results in just a single icon on the taskbar regardless of number of tabs.

I think this may have been so in at least the previous version or two of IE but as I have said I cannot check as I am away, and in any event I may be wrong in that. EDIT: a quick look on the internet infers this was also so for at least IE8, 9 & 10 as well.

For myself I like the stacked icons for tabs in IE as I often have the Windows of other applications open over IE working in them, so can just jump to the appropriate reference web page tab by hovering over the stack and clicking the preview of the tab I want to plagiarize from , but is, of course, a personal thing.

So another "annoyance" gone, you're getting closer to converting to IE I think .

Last edited by AnotherCat; 03-01-2015 at 12:43 AM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #19
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Oh, good to know you can fix that -- I wouldn't know since I only ever used it to install Firefox, and if I am on a computer where I cannot install things AND portableapps are blocked with Group Policy (library, one of).

Considering I like having in the range of 100 tabs open, I guess we can all agree showing them all would be a disaster.

... Oh god, my eyes are bleeding! (I just found a way to enable this on Firefox. I am thankful it isn't the default...)

OK, absent my admittedly irrational hatred of IE -- there is such a configuration, and I guess such a person would have an issue with stacking when clicking on calibre links.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote