Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #31
ozone123
ozone123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Maybe its just me, but I'm not understanding this post at all.

Amazon doesn't "Play Games". You say you emailed them.

Have you used the "call back" feature?

You need to sign into your account, click on "contact us" and choose the "call me" button.

They call back almost instantly.

Umm Amazon doesn't play games, but they played with my account. I finally phoned them up on their 800 # today as emails were going nowhere and spoke with a gentleman from Cork, Ireland. He looked into my account and saw some questionable entries. He noticed that I indeed ordered a book, received it, and it was promptly deleted the next day by one of their employees according to him. It was their error, but after trying to order the book twice, I didn't want to take a chance on having more problems with my credit card, so I decided not to order anything online for the time being. This being so, he asked me to order the book online again while he waited on the 'phone. At first, I didn't want to do it, but he said he was right there to watch the transactions. I did what he asked and had the book "delivered" to the kindle. I'll be more sure if the book is still there tomorrow as it was deleted the last time the very next day. It was never in my archives on the kindle before that. It was deleted by someone at Amazon.
ozone123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #32
ozone123

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
This person was also posting the exact same message on Kindleboards.com. Very confusing as to what's really going on with this person, but something definitely smells funny.
you're so correct. I'm happy that your able to observe the copy/paste function. If you haven't read any of the original thread, I invite you to do so, in order to get you out of the confusing state you so admit to. I'm triying to make a point on as many forums as I'm able to re: amazon. As a matter of fact, I've even sent along the URLs to amazon in my emails, since they screwed up. Go ahead, keep on searching other forums too.
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #33
ozone123

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutnacker View Post
Is this the hole in the ozone layer I've heard so much about? There's a certain measure of trolliness about these posts, isn't there? It's amazing you hate Amazon.com but have no problem doing business with a bank that charges you to ask about your transactions.
Uh, I won't even dignify some of your remarks with a comment, and although I've used the the same bank for almost 30 years for my credit card, I've only had 2 problems with my account during that time, so I never had to have called them in the entire 30 years for info on transactions but only in a dispute [where they do NOT charge a fee]. And BTW, since you don't obviously know too much about banks, there are a lot of them that make those type of charges if you don't have a "regular" account there. I don't deal with them for my personal accounts as I've mentioned, but only with my credit card and I won't change banks after this long a time. Yeah, and about your "god" Amazon.com, ya well they f*cked up and it was admitted by them for one of the transactions I made, so WTF has amazon got to do with charges a bank will make for an inquiry? Inform yourself and read my original post.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #34
KindleMan
Enthusiast
KindleMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
One thing to check is that you have the page sort setting correct. IE from your home page if you move your cursor up to the top of the display, then tap the joystick left, make sure you have "All my Items" selected. I was wondering what was going when when I was buying stuff from Amazon and it wasn't showing up on my Home page. It turns out I had the Home Page Sort wrong, the books had been their all along.

Good Luck

KindleMan
KindleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone123 View Post
Uh, I do my banking online, and actually did it before the internet existed, via an old 56k modem and PC software but I digress. The bank I deal with for my credit card is not the same bank I deal with for my personal accounts. The bank holding my credit card charges a fee for info over the 'phone, so I don't want to incur additional fees.
But the bank your CC is with should have a web site where you can log in and check your CC usage.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #36
crutnacker
Connoisseur
crutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone123 View Post
Uh, I won't even dignify some of your remarks with a comment, and although I've used the the same bank for almost 30 years for my credit card, I've only had 2 problems with my account during that time, so I never had to have called them in the entire 30 years for info on transactions but only in a dispute [where they do NOT charge a fee]. And BTW, since you don't obviously know too much about banks, there are a lot of them that make those type of charges if you don't have a "regular" account there. I don't deal with them for my personal accounts as I've mentioned, but only with my credit card and I won't change banks after this long a time. Yeah, and about your "god" Amazon.com, ya well they f*cked up and it was admitted by them for one of the transactions I made, so WTF has amazon got to do with charges a bank will make for an inquiry? Inform yourself and read my original post.
Ozone, your posts smell like a load of poo. I don't buy for a second that there is no online access for your credit card account, nor that you're so upset about all of this, if it ever even really happened.

You've been given several avenues to pursue, any one of which a non-troll would be able to accomplish easily, and yet somehow there is a reason you can't do any of these.

It is quite clear you're here to simply bash Amazon. At least work on your story before you do that.
crutnacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #37
ozone123

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutnacker View Post
Ozone, your posts smell like a load of poo. I don't buy for a second that there is no online access for your credit card account, nor that you're so upset about all of this, if it ever even really happened.

You've been given several avenues to pursue, any one of which a non-troll would be able to accomplish easily, and yet somehow there is a reason you can't do any of these.

It is quite clear you're here to simply bash Amazon. At least work on your story before you do that.
Uh here you are again troll, bashing me here and on the kindle board forum. You keep following me around making a complete ass of yourself. WTF has an online credit card have anything to do with the problem that the amazon people have already admitted to....that they inadvertently deleted my book by mistake. I don't think I could locate the book at my online bank.....they only handle money, not kindles. Yeah I guess I should've turned on the Whispernet to download the book....or maybe climb up from that 100 foot well I was in to get better reception, ya that would work. Or maybe even -look in my archive folders [where it wasn't] or how about going to manage my account and re-download it [where it wasn't]. Ya I guess I should've followed up on all that advice for WHICH I ALREADY RESPONDED TO in replies to the posts. Yeah all I'm here for is to bash amazon. It took you 2 days to figger that out you moron. They F*cked up, and the guy told me so himself, you moron....Yeah I guess it must have never happened, maybe I don't even have a kindle, maybe it's all a dream or just too much liquor. Ya, I guess you wanted me to post my email replies from amazon on the kindle board forum, and since I wouldn't comply, you say it never happened. Yeah as if I'm going to post personal replies....and you'd prolly sayI made them up anyway. How do I know you even have a kindle. You proly work for amazon yourself, washing toilets!! Well you moron, WTF don't you read my posts before making a complete asshole of yourself as you've done now, and most likely everytime you open your mouth. I already mentioned if you can't read or are using some other eye enhancements that the issue has been resolved. Now go and find someone else you can fight with TROLL!!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #38
ozone123

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleMan View Post
One thing to check is that you have the page sort setting correct. IE from your home page if you move your cursor up to the top of the display, then tap the joystick left, make sure you have "All my Items" selected. I was wondering what was going when when I was buying stuff from Amazon and it wasn't showing up on my Home page. It turns out I had the Home Page Sort wrong, the books had been their all along.

Good Luck

KindleMan
No I had the correct amount of books the first time, and less one the next day as it appeared on the kindle.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:31 AM   #39
crutnacker
Connoisseur
crutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
You caught me. Troll central here.
crutnacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:00 AM   #40
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Some of the posts in this thread are either just insulting or written in a unacceptable incisive tone. How hard is it to discuss in a civilized and polite manner?! Please play nice and discuss according to our posting guidelines.

Michael
(moderator)
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 AM   #41
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
OK: LOOK --

For all Members who are throwing out personal insults, STOP.

Please refer to our Posting Guidelines at the TOP OF THE PAGE.

If this does not settle down, then we'll be forced to close the thread. It's really that simple. I'll leave you with this comment:

PLAY NICE. PLEASE.

Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #42
swindle
swindle began at the beginning.

Device: k2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
OK: LOOK --

For all Members who are throwing out personal insults, STOP.

Please refer to our Posting Guidelines at the TOP OF THE PAGE.

If this does not settle down, then we'll be forced to close the thread. It's really that simple. I'll leave you with this comment:

PLAY NICE. PLEASE.

Don (Moderator)
you're absolutely correct. Although I sympathize with the OP, and his hardships with the kindle/amazon, I can fully appreciate some of his concerns. I too, had start-up problems with amazon. I currently own 2 original kindles and 3 K2s [all in the family of course], and am content with them now. But I did have similar problems with amazon when I purchased the 3 k2s. 2 books were deleted from my account after being bought and payed for, but I immediately phoned them up to have them correct the situation. No, it wasn't a problem of not going online, or problems with whispernet, nor problems re-downloading [not re-ordering] the books in question. They also admitted it was an error on their end to which I can see now that amazon is having some problems, in a non-technical manner, not glitchy software, but human error where books were deleted unintentionally, but all the same, deleted. So maybe the OP did go to another site to also flame amazon, I haven't really checked on that, nor am I going to follow the other poster's thread where he says that it was posted on another site. Who the hell cares. He seems to want to just stir up trouble. If one is not satisfied with a product, I can't blame the OP for going all out and informing others to be on the watch.....I think that newspapers and other media outlets including TV sensationalize just the same way, but I don't hear the poster who mentioned that the OPs topic was on another site complaining at all about this too. In fact did this poster go and flame the media when there was a problem last summer of amazon deleting books from people's accounts, or does he believe that the almighty amazon can do no wrong? I guess he's just a lemming like all the rest, almost sounds like a Mac fan boi where steve jobs is god and that apple rulez. C'mon, get with it, if the OP wants to complain on other forums, it doesn't mean he's a troll. And as far as I'm concerned, I guess he didn't want to order any more books until his cc statement came in. Must he HAVE to go online to check or by not doing so, means that his whole argument is false and that makes him a troll. I guess he followed other people's advice in trying various methods to correct the problem. I read that he had Whispernet on, that he had a good signal,that he couldn't re-order the books and that they weren't in his archive folder. What else could he do? I myself had simiar problems. He said he contacted amazon with emails and that they didn't answer his query. He mentioned also that he finally phoned them up and resolved the problem that way, yet there are posters here [mainly trolls] who insist that he must go to his cc online to check his account. Will that help him get the book? He mentions that it was resolved and the fault remained with amazon, so how could going online to check his account help him resolve the issue made with a 3rd party when the issue had already been resolved. Seems stupid to me.But that's the way trolls operate, since the old BBS days. He just wanted to wait until his cc statement came in. Is that a crime? So if he didn't get the info online, I guess he must be a troll. Well as I stated I had a similar incident occur with me I didn't go online to check my cc statement, so I guess I also did the wrong thing and should be banned to hell. Just my 2 cents, but I wish the real trolls would just shut the hell up and get off the forum if they don't like flaming. For me, if I see a flame, I'll investigate the problem to inform myself. Letting things go as the real trolls want just puts them in a lemming situation where everything is roses and nothing is wrong...........just like the government, yeah, right!!! Get a life!
swindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #43
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, swindle.

Interesting handle, there.

You might want to go to our "introduce me" page, start a new thread, and let us welcome you properly.

Tell us a little about yourself there.....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #44
Pokesomi
Pokesomi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 INT
Sorry this might be slightly off topic but i had ordered a book that I couldnt afford, but not by much. So i called amazon kindle support and they went ahead and canceled it, but heres the kicker. Its still in my archived items. I am little leery about getting the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy for free (as it is still in my archived items) but it seems amazon can do nice things every once in a while.
Pokesomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #45
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesomi View Post
Sorry this might be slightly off topic but i had ordered a book that I couldnt afford, but not by much. So i called amazon kindle support and they went ahead and canceled it, but heres the kicker. Its still in my archived items. I am little leery about getting the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy for free (as it is still in my archived items) but it seems amazon can do nice things every once in a while.
Welcome to MobileRead, pokesomi.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote