Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
Palmbaby
Inquisitive Newbie
Palmbaby began at the beginning.

Device: Zire 72
Unhappy Assistance with Plucker Please

Hi all - I'm new to the PDA World and to Plucker . I have a Zire 72 (my grand enterance to Palms, purchased March 2006) and anticipate purchasing a TX by the end of the year. However, I have been playing with Sunrise and Plucker recently. Having read Doogie's tutorial I have had greater success than wehn I was mucking around on my own. One problem is that I cannot get Sunrise to save to my SD Card so that I can conserve my merger RAM and enjoy more sites. Does anyone have any gentle guidance they can offer me?

My second problem is that I played around with another forum, Fish Geeks, to get my feet wet. I chose six items to send to Sunrise for conversion (all of the pages were updated and OKd by Sunrise). Only four were transfered to my Palm. I double checked all options setting my Links to 0 and indicated that they should be sent to my SD Card. Well as stated above four the items downloaded but the other two disappeared. I should also indicate that I hotsynced twice last night. The first hotsync was successful but two of the pages did not sync and the second hotsync stated "Install synchronization failed"

Thanks for your help in advance
Palmbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I was just looking at the release notes for the latest version of SunriseXP, and one of the "Known Issues" is:

On some configurations and Palm OS models, transferring documents to the memory card via the HotSync conduit will not work.

You may simply have hit on this bug. I have plenty of confidence in Laurens; maybe this will be fixed in the next release. In any case, you should get the current version. Who knows, maybe your problem will go away. (Are you feeling lucky today?)

Dan
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
Palmbaby
Inquisitive Newbie

Thank you DTM - I was discouraged when I saw so many have viewed the posting but didn't stop to answer.

I will download the newest version tonight.

Thanks again
Old 04-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Palmbaby--

I'm not at a computer now with Sunrise loaded on it, so I can't be certain I'm describing this totally correctly, but as I noted in the tutorial (in the discussion about the HotSync conduit), you can have Sunrise download and parse the websites but you then manually load them onto your PDA/Card. You can also configure Sunrise to update your documents independent of hotsync. You can also simply open Sunrise and click the menu/button choice that will "update all", or "update due", or simply select a document and update that one only.

In the talk about the hotsync conduit, I mention a button that says "show files." If you ran an update separate from hotsyncing, those files should be present in the folder that "show files" brings you to. You could then manually set them up to hotsync (either in RAM or on SD Card) by double clicking on the file, or you could manually copy them from your computer to your SD card by using a card reader or software like CardExport 2.

Yes, a bit of extra work, but unless Sunrise is not downloading and parsing the websites correctly, you do have other options for transferring the files to your SD card.
doogie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
Palmbaby
Inquisitive Newbie

Thank you Doogie - I will try this tonight
Advert
Old 04-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #6
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
I see Laurens has posted a new beta version. It might address your problems. Check this post . He seems to have altered how the conduits work, so some of my tutorial may no longer be accurate...

Last edited by doogie68; 04-12-2006 at 10:36 PM. Reason: clarification
doogie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:33 PM   #7
Palmbaby
Inquisitive Newbie

Hot diggity, hot dog

I've been pickin' and pluckin' all night long

Thanks guys you're the best
Old 04-15-2006, 03:39 AM   #8
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Good to hear it's working.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote