Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2015, 12:42 PM   #16
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
That is a fantastic deal. I'm soooo tempted to get another one as a spare! It wold be less than $90 with the exchange rate, including the shipping.

Edit: I ordered my spare, it'll be right around $80 after the exchange rate. That's a real hard deal to pass up for a Glo HD.
I bought one too. $79.16 USD total.
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #17
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I don't blame you. I ordered mine when they first became available at Chapters, but if I didn't have one, I wouldn't hesitate. I love mine. Ordered a new case for it the other day I've been using a Glo case.
Which case do you prefer specifically?

Last edited by radbaddude; 11-27-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: *did not mean to DP. Sorry
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 01:19 AM   #18
Ghostwalk
Ghostwalk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Do we have to pay custom duty shipping from Canada to the US? Thanks!
Ghostwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:21 AM   #19
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwalk View Post
Probably, but it wouldn't cost much.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:37 AM   #20
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwalk View Post
No. The invoice is figured at $99.99 for the Glo HD sale price, less another $10 for the 10% off if you use VISA Checkout, plus $15.29 shipping, total $105.28. When it hits my bank it's converted to USD and at the current exchange rate turned out to be $78.94.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 01:41 AM   #21
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
No. The invoice is figured at $99.99 for the Glo HD sale price, less another $10 for the 10% off if you use VISA Checkout, plus $15.29 shipping, total $105.28. When it hits my bank it's converted to USD and at the current exchange rate turned out to be $78.94.
Nice! And what's the minimum duty threshold?

I believe it's about 20$ when importing from the USA into Canada.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:15 AM   #22
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I went for an H2O, for reasons of a bigger screen.

If the screen of the h2o would be 6", it would have somewhere between 285 and 295 DPI.
I doubt you'd notice any difference between it and the 300DPI version hd glo.

The 0.8" screen size increase did a lot more for me, than the larger DPI of a PPW (or hd glo). It was for me the minimum size for a pocket novel replacement, the kinds they sell in airports.
To each his own, the low price of a GLO HD might be attractive, but for me, I'd rather had an additional 0,5" to 1" of screen size added to the h2o for the price of it. I got mine cheaper though...

The operating systems are nearly identical between the two.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:18 AM   #23
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPE View Post
Nice! And what's the minimum duty threshold?

I believe it's about 20$ when importing from the USA into Canada.
From what I could find looking up the rates, I believe it's $100 if a gift, and $200 if a purchase when shipping from Canada to the US (or most any country to the US).
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:58 AM   #24
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by radbaddude View Post
Which case do you prefer specifically?
This is the case I just got. I haven't tried it yet, as I need to put something under the tree for myself. This is the style I prefer. Slim and snaps in.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #25
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
This is the case I just got. I haven't tried it yet, as I need to put something under the tree for myself. This is the style I prefer. Slim and snaps in.
I ordered the same case in purple. The case will arrive today. I am not sure about the Glo HD.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:25 PM   #26
cocopuff
Connoisseur
cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simpletouch Glowlight, Kobo Aura H2O
I did not pay any taxes or duty when buying my kobo h2o a few months ago. The price came out to be 151 and change with shipping included. I got the h2o primarily for the bigger screen, but I spilled a drink all over it the first week I had it! The waterproofing definitely works and saved me money overall haha
cocopuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #27
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocopuff View Post
I did not pay any taxes or duty when buying my kobo h2o a few months ago. The price came out to be 151 and change with shipping included. I got the h2o primarily for the bigger screen, but I spilled a drink all over it the first week I had it! The waterproofing definitely works and saved me money overall haha
Books read so much better with coffee!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote