Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
freefaler
freefaler began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Onyx Boox T68 Fbreader 2.0 with sync across android devices installation possible ?

Hello All,
after searching in the forum I didn't find the answer. So I'd ask

Fbreader have recently released a HUGE feature. It's called FBReader book network. It's a sync across android devices. So I'm reading on my phone, go back home, open my reader and after a sync I'm at the same page. So sweet! It can also backup the books too (via google drive)

See more details here: https://books.fbreader.org/

FbReader 2.0 + has this feature:
http://fbreader.org/content/released-version-20-android

After testing it I decided to try to install it on my boox.
I've tried the following:
1) Updated fbreader directly using Google Play - doesn't work, because of "incompatible version"

2) Removing stock fbreader (after rooting) and trying "clean install". But I'm still getting the "Incompatible update" version

Is it possible ? Any ideas how can I install and get it working ?

Thanks a lot!
freefaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:26 AM   #2
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
Alreader

I've not been using FBReader for years, but my favorite piece of reading software AlReader (upon which the built-in Onyx OReader is based) has this feature for a long time now.
You can download the latest Alreader version that is specifically built to work with e-ink devices (and has specific integration with the T68) from here:

http://www.alreader.com/downloads/OT...ReaderEINK.apk

I know that I haven't answered the original question, but hope this helps.

Just note that all Onyx Android devices have non-standard APIs for some features (displaying the status bar, adjusting frontlight, refreshing the screen), so any reading app that you want to use needs to support Onyx specifically (it will not just work by default) or some of the functionality will not work. I'm not sure if FBReader has Onyx integration.
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
boox, fbreader, sync, t68