Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
smartin
smartin began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Calibre hangs on startup after moving to NAS

I moved my library to a QNAP NAS device and now Calibre hangs with the message "Starting Calibre: loading books..." when I try to start it.

This happens both on Linux and the Mac accessing the NAS via nfs. Are there some sort of paths stored in the metadata that needs to be corrected? Is there some way to regenerate the metadata from the file system?
smartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
SQLite is probably unhappy. If you are using windows (although it appears that you are not), Calibre tends not to like UNC paths. If you are using them, mount the NAS volume as a drive and use drive letters. Another problem that people have run into is that some NAS don't do locking in a reasonable way. Can't speak for yours.

As for regenerating the metadata, no, not on the release you are probably running. And in any event, if copying the database to the NAS doesn't work, then almost certainly rebuilding the database on the NAS won't work.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
smartin

There is no usage of windows anywhere here. I've tried doing a calibre-debug --reinitialize-db and it seems to hang as well.

The library was previously on an nfs mounted file system being served by a centos server and it worked fine.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sounds like you have demonstrated that the QNAP NAS is broken.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
smartin

I found a discussion of this in another thread and the CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH works for me. Is there anyway that I can configure this on the Mac?
Advert