Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #61
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
A member (thomasn75) noticed this website: http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ja...book-rise.html

which mentions that:
"Sony, meanwhile, has just carried out multi-product price revisions to its e-readers and presented the PRS-T2 next generation Sony reader."

I have been unable to locate more info about the Sony presentation at this show. Anybody else have luck?
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #62
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
The supposed lack of features is not the real issue to be honest. What really galls me is than when it is finally released, once again, it will be nearly twice the price here in the UK.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:08 AM   #63
Lord KiRon
Connoisseur
Lord KiRon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I wander - will it be bigger model?
Like finally 9"+ ?
If not reader will give up this part of market to Apple and Samsung...
Lord KiRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:43 AM   #64
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord KiRon View Post
Like finally 9"+ ?
9+" inches is another market than 6-7".
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #65
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Just read they are putting Facebook on the T2 which I find very off putting and it's enough to put me off ever buying one no matter the features.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #66
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
wonder if this link is reliable. slashgear is normally ok

http://www.slashgear.com/sony-prs-t2...9-99-10242492/

these small changes certainly wont make me run out and get a new one. especially as sony has released minimal support for t1. same screen etc. they might as well just have upgraded software for t1. i suspect there will be a software port to t1 available quickly after release

Last edited by thomasn75; 08-10-2012 at 06:06 AM.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #67
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Extremely disappointing :-(
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #68
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Hi

If this picture
shows the T2 I regard it as a big step forward from the T1.

In my opinion the biggest disadvantage of the T1 is the glossy plastic frame, which shows dirt very quick, easily can get scratches, mirrors the sun and feels cheap.
The frame of the T2 looks the opposite.

Annother advantage could be the new button style. The T1 buttons look and feel cheap and unfirm, the colour of the button will get removed over time (same problem as the X50 series reader).

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #69
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
uh....I just shot myself in the foot. well, not really. But I ordered an open box T1 from that web site. Red, and only $85.00 I had been wanting another one (for a silly reason) and the resale value should hold, if I decide I don't really need 2 Sony's.

(My silly reason: the T1 I have now is rooted with porkupan's minimal root, and morkl's home screen mod. Works great, so don't want to make any further changes to it. But I want to try some other mods that have been put out recently, or maybe just use it with stock for awhile, so, I need another T1 for that).

Of all the readers I have had, the T1 is the best. But I'm still interested in getting a Kindle Touch at some point. Or maybe put the Kindle app on this one

Last edited by booklover6; 08-10-2012 at 08:46 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #70
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Hi

If this picture
shows the T2 I regard it as a big step forward from the T1.

In my opinion the biggest disadvantage of the T1 is the glossy plastic frame, which shows dirt very quick, easily can get scratches, mirrors the sun and feels cheap.
The frame of the T2 looks the opposite.

Annother advantage could be the new button style. The T1 buttons look and feel cheap and unfirm, the colour of the button will get removed over time (same problem as the X50 series reader).

A.
this is a computer generated image may look different when we see the real thing. but again i can only say that i am not going out to buy a new reader to get rid of shiny bezel(doesnt really bother me anyway). and why not make it smaller with same screen dont need all that space for the buttons. surely they can squeeze the tech into a smaller package.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #71
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I did the same thing, booklover6. I always like to have a spare in case mine dies or company comes over and wants to read also.

I use the audio quite a bit, so I didn't want to take the chance of the new readers not having audio playback.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #72
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Awesome, mycurlylocks! Did you get the red one, too? I may hate the red, if so, I will put my $5 silicone skin on it.

Red ones are sold out already.

Last edited by booklover6; 08-10-2012 at 11:00 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #73
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord KiRon View Post
Like finally 9"+ ?

It's an eink ereader NOT a tablet. Two different things even though you can read on a tablet. It's not it's primary function. Many people that read don't like reading on tablets because of the backlight issues. Really short battery life and hard on the eyes.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #74
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasn75 View Post
this is a computer generated image may look different when we see the real thing. but again i can only say that i am not going out to buy a new reader to get rid of shiny bezel(doesnt really bother me anyway). and why not make it smaller with same screen dont need all that space for the buttons. surely they can squeeze the tech into a smaller package.
Yes, this is probably an artifical image. But even then it shows the non glossy frame and different buttons.
Of course I would not buy a T2 if I had a T1. I even will not buy a new reader owning the 350. That's waste of money. An I love my ZORK-pimped reader. Too much time has been invested in it.

But if I would have no reader I would wait until the release of the T2.

A
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #75
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Awesome, mycurlylocks! Did you get the red one, too? I may hate the red, if so, I will put my $5 silicone skin on it.

Red ones are sold out already.
I got a red one also. I currently have the red and I love it. It's a nice, ruby red. I did skin it, just to protect it. I only put my reader in the case when I'm traveling, so I figured I'd skin it. I can still see the red at the edges though. I've had many people ask me what kind of reader it was, the red really attracts attention.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote