Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-05-2007, 04:36 AM   #46
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavrahil View Post
One other thing that seems not to be there any more are the RSS feeds for a single forum. Before you could create an RSS feed for every sub-forum you wanted, for example the Irex Iliad with all its sub-forums. That would be nice again... I just can't seem to find it anymore.
Thanks for the hint. If your browser or feed reader has autodiscovery, it will still detect individual feeds for each section. But unlike before - and this we will "fix" as well - these feeds don't include sub-forums right now. We will also bring back a single page showing all available feeds.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #47
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Let's see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
In the Hybrid display mode, when you browse in the hierachy, at any point if you click on a post, it brings you to it ... but only it. I would be nice if it brought you to it but with all the others around it too, just like a link in a long Wiki page for example. That would give an other dimension of browsing that is quicker than scrolling.
The hybrid mode is kinda tricky. Currently, when you click on a post within a thread in hybrid mode, the currently selected post plus posts that are direct replies are shown at the bottom of the page. Example:

a
\
b
|
c
|
d
\
e
|
f

When you click on a, all posts will be shown. If you click on b, only b will be shown. If you click on c, only c will be shown. If you click on d, d and e will be shown -- meaning d and someone's reply to d (=e). If you click on e or f, again only e or f are shown. You can test it with this thread. Your suggestion sounds great, but I am not sure if it can be implemented at the moment. But I will keep an eye on it!

Quote:
The blue menu bar could follow you everywhere you go and stay just at the top of your screen or one button called 'Top' could do the same and follow you. Once you click on it, it brings you to the blue menu bar at the top.
That would involve some javascript/xhtml coding. Not really my expertise, but if someone is willing to help out...
Advert
Old 06-06-2007, 04:09 AM   #48
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for all the hard work, Alex!

Another suggestion: On the frontpage, where the latest attachments are listed, could you exclude e-book uploads, and perhaps make another news section dedicated to latest e-book uploads?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:47 AM   #49
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Thanks for all the hard work, Alex!

Another suggestion: On the frontpage, where the latest attachments are listed, could you exclude e-book uploads, and perhaps make another news section dedicated to latest e-book uploads?
That would be easily possible. Give us a few days
Old 06-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #50
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
It could be me, but I don't think the automatic resize is working for editor uploaded images...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2007, 03:40 AM   #51
Wizard-mag
Enthusiast
Wizard-mag began at the beginning.

It also seems that there was a temporary issue with the front page RSS feed, which also included some non-front page posts during the Sunday, but that now seems to be fixed.
Wizard-mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:10 AM   #52
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard-mag View Post
It also seems that there was a temporary issue with the front page RSS feed, which also included some non-front page posts during the Sunday, but that now seems to be fixed.
Exactly, this issue has been discovered and fixed earlier, thanks for reporting though Also, when you subscribe to a subforum, the feed will now also include the subforum's children forums again.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:27 AM   #53
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
It could be me, but I don't think the automatic resize is working for editor uploaded images...
Thanks Adam for the report. The PHP function getimagesize() always returns false with our new PHP installation. I am looking into this.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #54
Liviux
Liviux began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
I am addicted to the comics strip that you kindly delivered to us at the old address
http://www.turcic.com/avantgo/comics.shtml
Is there any chance to get them back?
Thank you in advance.
Liviux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:44 AM   #55
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviux View Post
I am addicted to the comics strip that you kindly delivered to us at the old address
http://www.turcic.com/avantgo/comics.shtml
Is there any chance to get them back?
Thank you in advance.
Hi Liviux, yes, it'll be back. Please give me a couple of days. I'll be putting the script on another server.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #56
dharris
dharris began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
When I view MobileRead's feed in bloglines, the images attached to the posts are not showing up. Instead I'm seeing the path of the image. Something like this:
Quote:
Put your Sony Reader in High-Contrast Mode (white-on-black)

By alex_d on Sony Portable Reader

https://www.mobileread.com/upload/news/2007-06/readerwcover.jpgI bring to you a little program that will put the Reader into white-on-black (inverse color) reading mode. Many people find this mode easier on the eyes and small text a
(emphasis on url added by me)

I had added MobileRead to my subscriptions just shortly before this migration, so my memory may be misleading me.

Should I be seeing the images?
dharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #57
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Could we get a menu bar at the bottom of the page with the "User CP" etc on it? I find myself scrolling back to the top a lot as I read through new posts.

While I'm on the subject of the menu bar, I'm wondering why the E-Books link is the second item there, when it only has books for Sony?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #58
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
... I'm wondering why the E-Books link is the second item there, when it only has books for Sony?
I think Alex was looking ahead to when folks have created and uploaded books for other formats/devices too.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #59
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Could we get a menu bar at the bottom of the page with the "User CP" etc on it? I find myself scrolling back to the top a lot as I read through new posts.

While I'm on the subject of the menu bar, I'm wondering why the E-Books link is the second item there, when it only has books for Sony?
That's mainly why I was suggesting a menu bar that could follow your movements through the page or just a button.
Maybe there could be a simple 'Up' button on every post next to the 'Karma' or 'Quote' ones ?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #60
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I think Alex was looking ahead to when folks have created and uploaded books for other formats/devices too.
Good point: If I decided to convert Metropolis to other formats besides LRF (like for eReader, iSilo, MobiPocket, and MS Reader), where would I put them, guys?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote