Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 03:31 AM   #1
Danariel
Enthusiast
Danariel is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 2 DecalGirl Infinity Screensaver (plus 2 more.)

Ok, guys, thought I'd make a contribution here.

I just got the DecalGirl Skin Infinity, and created my own screensaver to match.

This is what it looks like:

I'm including my example with text, one with a blank plate, and one with just the background, no plate. The font I used is Harrington.

Also, here are two more I made, the backgrounds are actual vector images I created in Illustrator while I was in Graphic Design school. The first one, the font used is Medusa, and the second one the font is Celtic Garamond. Again, examples and blank backgrounds.

Danariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
How do I reply to this? The screen saver/skin combination is so freaking awesome that I am really at a loss for words!
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, Infinity is nice but butterfly, my God, totally awesome, I love them!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
Danariel
Enthusiast

Thanks, you two! I've got the three alternating on my Kindle right now. It's nice to have my own creations showing up, especially when I get to show my Kindle off to the curious. :-)
Old 06-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danariel View Post
Ok, guys, thought I'd make a contribution here.

I just got the DecalGirl Skin Infinity, and created my own screensaver to match.

This is what it looks like:

I'm including my example with text, one with a blank plate, and one with just the background, no plate. The font I used is Harrington.

Also, here are two more I made, the backgrounds are actual vector images I created in Illustrator while I was in Graphic Design school. The first one, the font used is Medusa, and the second one the font is Celtic Garamond. Again, examples and blank backgrounds.

fantastic! what colors would you make them if they were a skin?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
ratflinger
Enthusiast
ratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: K3, Touch, Paperwhite 3G
You are truly gifted.
ratflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
Danariel
Enthusiast

Well, I actually hadn't contemplated making them skins, One was created for 8 1/2" by 11" (as a background for my Creative Resume, so it was faded quite a bit for text to be legible over it), the other for a poster 17" by 22", so the aspect ratio doesn't work as well, but here they are in color, on a background sized approximately for the back of the Kindle.

Celtic Knot Pentacle:

Butterfly:
Old 06-14-2010, 02:10 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Wonderful! I like the butterfly a lot!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote