Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
*reg*
Human
*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo, iPhone
Mac Tiger OSX and Kobo Application

I downloaded the Kobo Desktop App last night, yet I wasn't able to install it.

I'm thinking that Mac Tiger OSX isn't supported, is this correct?
*reg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by *reg* View Post
I downloaded the Kobo Desktop App last night, yet I wasn't able to install it.

I'm thinking that Mac Tiger OSX isn't supported, is this correct?
Correct. Though I thought they were fixing that. Don't worry you're not missing anything. Stick with Calibre. The Kobo software has never worked for me. It's pretty useless.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
*reg*
Human
*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Correct. Though I thought they were fixing that. Don't worry you're not missing anything. Stick with Calibre. The Kobo software has never worked for me. It's pretty useless.
I'm just wondering how I will get the firmware upgrade? Because i just checked out the Borders app (essentially Kobos) and it is the same situation.

Maybe I need to bite the bullet and upgrade my operating system.

*sigh*
Old 07-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
Samantha45
Connoisseur
Samantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
I upgraded to Leopard and it was so easy peasy I was shocked. Why I don't know because everything with Mac is so much easier. Personally I would upgrade to Leopard anyhow because eventually they will quit sending software upgrades for Tiger.

Although I agree the KDA is quite useless. I haven't tried Calibre yet. I didn't realize you could use that instead of KDA.
Samantha45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
*reg*
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha45 View Post
I upgraded to Leopard and it was so easy peasy I was shocked. Why I don't know because everything with Mac is so much easier. Personally I would upgrade to Leopard anyhow because eventually they will quit sending software upgrades for Tiger.

Although I agree the KDA is quite useless. I haven't tried Calibre yet. I didn't realize you could use that instead of KDA.
I ended up ordering Snow Leopard yesterday and it arrived this morning. I should have done it sooner! It is very nice. I have ordered some more RAM just to make things move a bit quicker (still just had the original 1GB), hopefully that turns up within the week.
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
Samantha45
Connoisseur
Samantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by *reg* View Post
I ended up ordering Snow Leopard yesterday and it arrived this morning. I should have done it sooner! It is very nice. I have ordered some more RAM just to make things move a bit quicker (still just had the original 1GB), hopefully that turns up within the week.
that's my next project.
Samantha45 is offline   Reply With Quote