Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
kezzie
kezzie began at the beginning.

Device: Readme
Converting pdf to text with Adobe Digital

I have been given a 'Readme' (Binatone) as a gift.
When i tried to buy books i was instructed (by the online book shop) to install Adobe digital - which i did. I also have Adobe reader 8 already.

How do i convert the pdf file books i have bought to text using Adobe digital?

If i go into Adobe reader 8 (as instructed by my Readme manual) i can find the books saved in documents with the title followed by ebook but this won't open in Adobe reader (which would enable me to convert to text) - each time i try i just get sent to the Adobe Digital home page.

Also, i installed Adobe digital for free - is this just temporary?

I would be very grateful for any help - have been trying for days and both Readme and computer are now very close to going through the window...
kezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
You mean Adobe Digital Editions?

There is no legal method (for more information search the pdf threads) to convert it.

Without the DRM you can use Adobe Acrobat and export it.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Kezzie. I don't know anything about your Readme, but I found some information you can check out.

Adobe epub pdf and URLLINK.acsm

I also see your device listed in the Calibre FAQ's.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:14 AM   #4
kezzie
kezzie began at the beginning.

Device: Readme
Thanks. The link is really helpful.
kezzie is offline   Reply With Quote