Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Kobo Mini: Error communicating with the device, ver. 0.9.36

Hi, I updated Calibre today to the latest version, and now I have problem connecting the device - I get the following error message:
Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.36
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 476, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1702, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
everything was fine with the previous version: any suggestions?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unfortunately, that means the database on the device is corrupt. The obvious cause for this is not safely ejecting the reader. But, there is probably another cause, but I don't know what.

If you have a backup of the database, you should restore that now. Otherwise, logout on the device and then log in again. This will replace the database with an empty one and then rebuild the library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2013, 03:28 AM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Unfortunately, that means the database on the device is corrupt. The obvious cause for this is not safely ejecting the reader. But, there is probably another cause, but I don't know what.

If you have a backup of the database, you should restore that now. Otherwise, logout on the device and then log in again. This will replace the database with an empty one and then rebuild the library.
ah, what I feared: I am positive I ejected the device always, but perhaps the mistake might have been to let Windows "fix the disk" after repeated asking. Thanks for this.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
ah, what I feared: I am positive I ejected the device always, but perhaps the mistake might have been to let Windows "fix the disk" after repeated asking. Thanks for this.
Possibly, but if Windows found something to fix, then it was just a matter of time before something broke.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote