Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
ottocrat
Bookish
ottocrat doesn't litterottocrat doesn't litter

Device: Psion 5, Palm Tungsten T2, Nokia N73, Cybook Gen3
Another newcomer, signing in

I'm guessing you're getting lots of new traffic, with the Kindle buzz and the Wired article.

I've been an e-book reader for, ooh, ten years? Possibly more. I started out with Tome Raider on the Psion 5, and many a happy lunch hour was spent converting Project Gutenberg text files to TR format... Then I moved over to the Palm Tungsten (reluctantly, frankly). Many thousands of pages later I have no regrets!

Now I'm torn between investing in an iPhone and using that as an e-book reader, or taking the plunge for a Cybook.

I'm tending to the latter... Hoping this forum will help me decide!
ottocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:00 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iPhone or Cybook? Ok, that's tough! Please tell us which one you've decided for
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum. I've used an iPaq for years to read e books but hope to transition to a dedicated reader with e ink. Really like the lack of power issues with the Sony, Cybooks etc
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote