Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
rudykerkhoven
keeps getting older
rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kindle
CYOA "The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok" only 99 cents for the month of August!

Released Today!

Last summer, my friend Daniel Pitts and I released a weird and absurd choose-your-own-adventure, The Adventures of Whatley Tupper, and now we're finally ready with our new CYOA, The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok

At Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Redemption-Mr-.../dp/B004XDC3PA

At Smashwords:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/39933

Mr. Leroy Sturlubok—a high-strung, loose cannon, take-no-prisoners kind of guy—has recently risen to the lofty echelons of society. He’s become a public elementary school vice principal. But when it seems that someone has broken through the defenses of his beloved workplace, a single decision leads to a labyrinthine world of possibilities.

Will he solve the mystery of his predecessor’s sudden (although beneficial) demise? Will he foil a terrorist plot from the afterlife? Will he team up with a telepathic elderly Japanese man who looks strangely similar to Sulu from the original Star Trek? Will he allow Tony Danza to film his new reality television show in his school? Will he find out just who the hell is taking all the d*mn photocopy paper? Will he return to his native Norway and lead a life fit for the mighty Norse god Odin? Will he start a new life among those rude and wretched Canadians? Or will he learn the insidious secret about his ex-wife’s French fiancé, Andre Cartier? The choice, as always, is up to you: the reader.

With more than 100 choices, 46 different endings, as well as dozens of hyperlinked footnotes, The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok contains enough twists and surprises to keep even the most hyperactive adult entertained. You won’t be able to help yourself from smiling—like a Kindergarten class during flu season, The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok is infectious.

A note from the authors:

Rudolf Kerkhoven and Daniel Pitts have more than 20 years of teaching experience between the two of them. The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok does not in any way reflect anything they have learned or witnessed

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-31-2011 at 09:57 PM.
rudykerkhoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Hi Rudy

I reviewed your previous CYOW and would love to have a look at this one too. I myself work in an elementary school, so....

Joanna
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
rudykerkhoven
keeps getting older
rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Hey Joanna,

I'd love it for you to review the book. I'll have the complete preview copy ready in about a week and PM you then about it...

Although Daniel and I have some 20 years of teaching experience between the two of us, I think we've managed to write something that has just about no bearing on the realities of the job. It's silly, but I hope you enjoy it. I think it's a better book (for what it is--a gimmicky comedy) than Whatley Tupper.

Here's a trailer for the book at youtube that was made several months ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3unN...layer_embedded
Old 04-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
rudykerkhoven
keeps getting older

A complete (100 000+ word) preview edition is now available. The first post has been updated. If you're interested in downloading a free copy, please PM me here or email: rudykerkhoven (at) yahoo (dot) com
Old 04-11-2011, 03:43 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I sent you a PM here.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
rudykerkhoven
keeps getting older

So, The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok is officially released today! The price has been set to $2.99 at both Amazon and Smashwords (it's still pending approval at Smashwords so that it will be available on at other sites).

Thanks to all those who downloaded the preview version... hopefully you'll be interested in reading the complete version.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
rudykerkhoven
keeps getting older

So, I'll be updating a new cheat for The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok every week, which will all be compiled on my blog as well.

At Amazon:

At Smashwords:

#1: Leroy realizes his true calling in prison

-discover the cause of the lockdown on your own

-ignore the problem altogether and move along with daily business

-admit what happened

-ignore the comment and let it go

-play it cool like you’re truly innocent and visit Raj in the hospital

-get the hell out of the hospital as quickly as possible

-fire Latisha and represent himself at the trial

-choose the Morman gang
Old 05-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
rudykerkhoven
keeps getting older

Here's the next cheat-of-the-week for The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok:

#2: Leroy competes on a rip-off of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

-discover the cause of the lockdown on your own

-ignore the problem altogether

-create a distraction — pull the fire alarm

-forget about this and return to your office

-leave the tire iron and go for an invigorating jog

-call up Andre to arrange a meeting…

From there, you can probably figure out the correct answers to win the million dollars… Really, who doesn't know what 80's show had the character T.C.?

At Amazon:

At Smashwords:

Old 05-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #9
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
You saw my review, right?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
rudykerkhoven
keeps getting older

Yeah, I did, and thanks! I've already cut and paste your review onto the book's page at my blog...
Old 06-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
rudykerkhoven
keeps getting older

Another 2 cheats for "The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok." I guess I slacked off there and forgot to update one...

#3: Leroy discovers the true nature of those damn Canadians
-Break into the office to see if anyone is out of sight

-Dress up and go to the bar…

-Ignore your crotch and call a cab

-Treat this as a holiday and ask someone what tourist attractions should be visited

-Call Lily after all

#4: Leroy becomes a ghost
-Walk into the office to see if anyone is out of sight

-Dress up and go to the bar

-Drive anyhow

-Attempt to overdose on stolen medication

-Click The End…
Old 06-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #12
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So should we expect to see another CYOA ebook sometime in the not to distant future Rudy?
Old 06-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
rudykerkhoven
keeps getting older

What's not too distant? I'd say, probably a year. Daniel and I are just barely beginning to think of ideas for a new one, but it's very, very early. It'll be a sequel to Whatley Tupper (it's actually hinted at in one of the stories in The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok, if you haven't found it). Ideally, I'd like to put out a new CYOA each year, but sometimes it's hard to write something collaboratively, especially when your writing partner lives 1000 km away...
Old 06-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudykerkhoven View Post
What's not too distant? I'd say, probably a year. Daniel and I are just barely beginning to think of ideas for a new one, but it's very, very early. It'll be a sequel to Whatley Tupper (it's actually hinted at in one of the stories in The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok, if you haven't found it). Ideally, I'd like to put out a new CYOA each year, but sometimes it's hard to write something collaboratively, especially when your writing partner lives 1000 km away...
Touche. I can only imagine how complex it is to create the CYOA ebooks. Keeping things consistent and making sure all the links work properly must be a real headache at times. Add on that your writing partner is so far away from you and I imagine the headache grows even worse at times. Anyway I was just curious if you were planning to try writing additional CYOA titles. I've liked CYOA since I was a kid and the ebook format seems just the right place for such books.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #15
peterjmerrigan
peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudykerkhoven View Post
Here's a trailer for the book at youtube that was made several months ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3unN...layer_embedded
Ooooookay... I just watched the trailer. When it started, I thought "boring. A trailer with no pictures? The book's probably crap." (Sorry, but I did.)

HOWEVER, as soon as the beat picked up and the text flashed rapidly - dude, you had me hooked! lol. I even watched it again, pausing and advancing just to read it! Reckon I'm gonna go check it out. So long as it's on Amazon.co.uk...

The power of the trailer, eh? Well done!
peterjmerrigan is offline   Reply With Quote