Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 09-22-2007, 03:49 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Need help from an 1150 owner

I have posted one story by Mark Twain in IMP format. I need someone to proof it and confirm that it works on the 1150; I don't have one.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14075

I have 12 other twain titles ready to be converted. I await some response that indicates there is interest in having these ebooks for the 1150. Otherwise I will not bother.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
I posted under the book file in the above referenced thread a snag picture of how it looks on the previewer and it's nice. TOC works too.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I saw your other post. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

I put it on the Ebk1150 too and it looks very nice as expected. It's hard to show a good picture though because with the flash you get reflection, without it's too dark...

The previewer though is very good to show you how the book looks like (of course Ebk1150 is slightly bigger and has a greenish tint, but the formatting, font, links, pagination are identical).
Old 09-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm going to post one of the books I've formatted for the Sony as an IMP from Book Designer. I hope it goes well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:49 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, I just posted the book... Please tell me if it is any good formatting wise,. I used Book Designer to make the IMP file.

Star Trek - TOS - Music of the Spheres by Margaret Wander Bonanno is now in IMP format thanks to Book Designer.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14114
Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #7
Liviu_5
Books and more books

I checked the book with the previewer and it looks nice. TOC works.

However it looks to be a picture book not a text book, so the font is set and search does not work. But it's very, very nicely done (just tried it on Ebk1150 too).
Old 09-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
I checked the book with the previewer and it looks nice. TOC works.

However it looks to be a picture book not a text book, so the font is set and search does not work. But it's very, very nicely done (just tried it on Ebk1150 too).
Have a look at the options I have available when making the IMP. Is there anything you'd like set specifically? I can even change the font it seems. So let me know and I'll make the next book with your choice of settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imp.PNG
Views:	1898
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	5775  
Old 09-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I had a project that consumed the weekend so I wasn't able to follow through and post the ebooks. I will get to it this week.

I also decided that I will post copies in html; I think that's the best way to provide an archival copy.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #10
Liviu_5
Books and more books

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have a look at the options I have available when making the IMP. Is there anything you'd like set specifically? I can even change the font it seems. So let me know and I'll make the next book with your choice of settings.
I like those settings since I like Sans Serif .

The only thing that puzzles me is why the book appears as image with no searchable text and is pretty big as a file (~4 MB - a book of that size even with the cover should be under 600 kb since imp is a compressed format like prc or lit).

I have never used BD to make imp since I have the Librarian which is very good for that, and in case of batch converts or huge files I use the free ETI tool, so I do not know the finer points of it. The settings look to me very good.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Maybe it's making the books into images so it can keep the hyphenation as maybe IMP by default doesn't do auto-hyphens. That is just a guess. Anyway, I'll keep the settings and make some more books up for later today.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:35 AM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I figured out the problem

I have successfully recreated the problem. There is some character in the book he posted that cannot be displayed on your hardware. I don't know what it is.
Attached Files
File Type: imp Alonzo Fitz and Other Stories.imp (1.20 MB, 905 views)
File Type: imp 1Alonzo Fitz and Other Stories.imp (291.0 KB, 902 views)
Old 09-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #13
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
...in case of batch converts or huge files I use the free ETI tool...
Which tool is that? I thought I had all the eBw tools, but that doesn't sound familiar. Sometimes the Librarian chokes on files, so I'd be interested in a batch conversion method.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #14
Liviu_5
Books and more books

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Which tool is that? I thought I had all the eBw tools, but that doesn't sound familiar. Sometimes the Librarian chokes on files, so I'd be interested in a batch conversion method.
http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/support_download.htm

Ebook publisher

It works well generally, though Librarian is better for me since it's easy to use. In general if Librarian chokes, restarting it works, or if the file is bad, tidying it a little.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:22 PM   #15
Liviu_5
Books and more books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I have successfully recreated the problem. There is some character in the book he posted that cannot be displayed on your hardware. I don't know what it is.
There is a list of supported characters somewhere but I do not have it handy (English+French characters by and large are the ones supported).

Since I use the Librarian, it usually replaces the unsupported characters with "?", but BD may default to doing images.