Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #46
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

His Reluctant Bodyguard US DE by Loucinda McGary (Sourcebooks author).

Quote:
The last person cruise director Avery Knox expected to see aboard her very first trip out on Valiant is former college football star, Rip Pollendene. A decade ago, she had turned down his advances at the University of Miami and lived to regret her decision. Why is she so reluctant to take the second chance she's been handed?

Rip Pollendene is the heir apparent to a beautiful island nation. But it's a heritage Rip has ignored and rejected for twenty years. Now his homeland is on the brink of a bloody civil war with outside forces trying to manipulate the outcome. Is that why someone wants him dead?

How much should Rip sacrifice for a country he hardly knows? And is it sheer coincidence that has thrown golden girl Avery Knox back into his life? Can they stay alive long enough to find out if their love really is meant to be?

His Reluctant Bodyguard is the second book in the Adventure Cruise Line series.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #47
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I'm new here too. Do you all find DANL worth it? Are there other sites with similar plans? I've always purchased from amazon for my kindle, so i'm excited to learn of other options for free or inexpensive books...
With all the sales there are on Sourcebooks titles that have been DANL selections in the past I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #48
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I see that 'Paper Roses' by Amanda Cabot is free again at Amazon. I've gotten this one before, and for some reason it's the one book I cannot get to convert in calibre, it gives me some azw error. Anyone have a quick fix?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #49
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I see that 'Paper Roses' by Amanda Cabot is free again at Amazon. I've gotten this one before, and for some reason it's the one book I cannot get to convert in calibre, it gives me some azw error. Anyone have a quick fix?

Quick fix - get it free from ChristianBook in epub format.

More useful for the general problem - you might want to check in the Calibre forum, I think I've seen some threads there that might address the problem.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #50
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
I just gave it a try. It's Topaz. I can't do anything with it, either.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #51
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you both got the up-to-date plugins?
Old 01-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #52
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
Have you both got the up-to-date plugins?
As far as I can tell I do, did some reading in Calibre plugins forum. Which ones specifically should I check? [mobi unpack is 0.54.1] and I tried downloading the azw1[and up to 4] and those didn't work.
This is the only book I've ever had trouble with in the 100's of Amazon freebies I've downloaded.

Also, I think I've signed up at Christian books before so I may check there if no easy fix with plugins. Thank you so much for helping.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #53
sqdancer
Guru

Quote:
As far as I can tell I do, did some reading in Calibre plugins forum. Which ones specifically should I check? [mobi unpack is 0.54.1] and I tried downloading the azw1[and up to 4] and those didn't work.
This is the only book I've ever had trouble with in the 100's of Amazon freebies I've downloaded.

Also, I think I've signed up at Christian books before so I may check there if no easy fix with plugins. Thank you so much for helping.
I'm really green with Calibre (don't use any plugins yet), perhaps someone else could help. It might be the third party plugin whose name should not be mentioned.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #54
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
There is a setting in Calibre where you need to set to allow the conversion of AZW (Topaz) files. It's not a plug-in I don't think. That setting must be set. I can't remember what part of Calibre is it in.

I just came across this link from Calibre that discusses Topaz files.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...paz+conversion

Are we sure it is a Topaz file?

I did a search for Topaz in the Calibre forum and came up with this results page. Maybe some of this can help. Make sure you have the latest version of Calibre and the latest version of the tools.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...archid=6767272

Last edited by jersysman; 01-06-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Added another link.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #55
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
At best, it will get exploded into the individual page images and then the converted text (some have no converted text). you then have to stitch it back together, as is done with the old ereader format.

go get the EPUB .... not only easier, it is a lot better formatted, since it isn't a scanned/ocr'd format, as topaz often is.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Topaz files once extracted are just SVG images that are OCR into a htmlz file which is a zip file. Inside that is a html file that needs a good editing. I don't like Topaz books for this reason because they are usually full of mistakes. I use Abby Fine Ready 11 sometimes to get better results but if you can get the book in any other format then it's best to go that route.

I always go to Christianbook (epub) for those topaz inspirational books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #57
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
All my plugins are installed. and up to date.

This is part of the error message: This is an Amazon Topaz book. It cannot be processed. (Error Code: 1)

So that's why I said it is Topaz.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #58
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just a reminder. This is the final day of the Sourcebooks after Christmas sale.

Should be available at Amazon, B&N, Apple, Sony, Kobo and direct from Sourcebooks.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Att: DANL members!

It seems like DANL has finally fixed it to where the past Featured Selections can no longer be gotten with credits. So if you don't get the book this month you have to pay for it with money the next month.

I had a feeling this would happen. Also discover15 isn't working for me anymore. Anyone else have that problem?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #60
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Also discover15 isn't working for me anymore. Anyone else have that problem?
Not working here either.