Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #31
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I write a lot at my coffee table these days, but I can write anywhere. Quiet is better, i suppose.
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #32
WPotocki
Connoisseur
WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
OMG! I had to start laughing when I read the title of this post. The "IDEAL" writing environment? I'm so far from the ideal writing environment that writing on top of the 100 foot pole with David Blaine asking me to pass the cheese dip would seem a pleasurable experience.

My IDEAL writing environment would be out in the country - where there is peace and quiet and a blissful atmosphere for miles on all sides. No disturbances. No loud noises. No interruptions - which includes a Maine Coon lovie that throws up all over everything as soon as I get in the zone and feel I can finally accomplish something. It's done on cue - I swear!

I just finished an agonizing editing process (first-round) or my latest work (which hopefully will be out by the end of next month), in the bathroom, with my laptop on the floor. The marked-up manuscript was by my side - and since I had no page holder. I had to take one page at a time and lay it on the keyboard, shifting it from side-to-side in order to make the corrections. I had to move the kitty litter box in order to make room, which meant I was smelling ammonia cat urine while doing this since my nose extended over its boundary. My back started giving way since the toilet was poking me in the spine everytime I slumped, so I shifted so that the bathtub supported my left shoulder, while the rim of it ground into my neck. There was no lower back support and at this age I have a bad lower back.

I went through all 600 pages this way. All I can say is that I sure must love to write.
WPotocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #33
markuskane
Markus Kane
markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
1. Place: My bedroom.
2. Time: After 7:00 p.m.
3. Setting: MY simple, sparse desk with only a light, a candle and my laptop.
4. Music: The same song-list every time. Headphones so nothing else gets in.
5. Drink: Tea. Lots of tea.
markuskane is offline   Reply With Quote