Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
jankovicgood
Connoisseur
jankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enough

Device: sony
Astri dual-mode Android e-ink e-reader

This video is by Charbax.

http://armdevices.net/2010/01/17/ast...-ink-e-reader/

Last edited by Nate the great; 01-18-2010 at 01:52 PM.
jankovicgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
awww it's a cute little cousin to that Entourage eDGe device.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Shiny.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
hmmm looks like Astri is a research institute and not a maufacturer. Unless I have the wrong one.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I would buy this over the Edge which is just too huge and bulky to me. Now make it in another color besides white and we might have a deal (pending a review on a real working model). I wonder what the price will be.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Yep, looks like a research institute. But then, that's how Irex started as well...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
Not_A_Crook
Which way is up?
Not_A_Crook has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Alphasmart Neo (word processor, Viable document reader.)
I like this better than the edge.

/Cause of it's more portable elements.

Last edited by Not_A_Crook; 01-18-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Not_A_Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'm still wasn't sure about these book shaped devices, but using it to package to kinds of technology together is pretty cool.

E-ink reader on one side and LCD tablet on the other is kind of nice. At the end of the day though a 10-12" tablet which does both the reader and tablet functionality is better (less clunky).
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
cooltrumpet98
cooltrumpet98 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
I ran across that at the Marvel booth also and thought it looked like a neat idea. After holding the Edge, I think I like this better if they ever decide to actually release it.
cooltrumpet98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
somnolik
Technophile
somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Another video

I've found another video of the device via the engadget forum.

The maker of the video shows that the reader screen and the touchscreen do work, though his handling of the device isn't quite as, uhm, smashing as the original's...
somnolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I too love the size...

Now if the e-ink screen functioned as a keyboard for the lcd screen when in landscape mode (so its truly a mini-laptop)...then it would be the first device I've seen with a compelling reason to pay a premium and upgrade.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #12
kolrone
Enthusiast
kolrone doesn't litterkolrone doesn't litter

Device: jetBook-Lite, eBookwise-1150
Is the right side a resistive touchscreen? When the guy touched the screen it looked like it flexed inward.

If this has a capacitive touchscreen and a decent battery life I would prefer this over the Edge (depending on the other specs of course).
kolrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #13
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Don't like it. Bulky, small screens...something doesn't sit right with me and dual screens for ebook reading.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #14
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
These dual screen devices seem like they would be rather cumbersome to use. They would seem more useful to me if each half of the "book" was thin enough so that you could fold it over and only use the e-ink or LCD screen comfortably. One of the reasons why people love their reader devices is that they are more comfortable and convenient to hold than a regular book. The dual screen devices take away that convenience.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #15
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
It's the Edge Mini-Me....cool, I like it...add Wacom and it's a winner to go fast an light when you don't wanna take your Edge along. Another interesting product that we have essentially no detaisl about and will likely never see make it to the market...but good find!! If it could fold in half it would be a nice portable ebook/PDA type hybrid...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote