Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
jjod
jjod began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, calibre
Calibre E-Book Viewer Window

I've just started using Calibre and have one minor problem. The viewer window opens up and is too small. You can easily switch to full screen, which is too large. What I want is for it to default to a half screen (essentially an A4 page on my monitor) rather than having to manually resize every time. Is there any way to do this ? Any help appreciated.
jjod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjod View Post
What I want is for it to default to a half screen (essentially an A4 page on my monitor) rather than having to manually resize every time. Is there any way to do this ? Any help appreciated.
I thought that if you size it to the size you want then close it the viewer will remember the previous size you had set it to. Have you tried setting the size then closing it?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-03-2011 at 10:37 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
jjod

That's what I normally do, always reopens in same small window.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the viewer prefences make sure that remember last used size is checked.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
jjod

Problem solved, thanks.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
E-Book Viewer Window Size Issue

I don't want to necro an old thread, but I started having this problem several updates ago. The window opens at full height, but maybe half width (it's positioned in the centre of the screen). I prefer to have a maximized window, but not full screen. I HAVE checked and double checked as well as trying with and without the "remember last used size" option, it doesn't do anything. This started a couple months ago, before then it opened the same way it had been when it was closed.

Any idea what's wrong?
JDesat is offline   Reply With Quote