Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-22-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
How do I cancel subscriptions?

Each week I receive about 20 emails about threads I have posted even if I haven't posted for ages. I don't want these but when I click on the
bottom of each email Unsuscribe I get taken to a Error Message.
Can anyone advise me please>
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
At the top, under the MobileRead logo, select => User CP then on the left side (labeled "Your Control Panel"), under the heading "Subscribed Threads," select "List Subscriptions."

BTW, how is it that you have been a member for only seven months yet you have 10 million Karmas?

Last edited by Skydog; 03-22-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 03:39 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
BTW, how is it that you have been a member for only seven months yet you have 10 million Karmas?
Because the Karma system is totally worthless, due to a small number of users who have abused it. Basically what people have done is to form Karma "rings", where 3 or 4 people give each other Karma repeatedly, this boosting it to ludicrous levels. Look at the Karma of those who post regularly in the Lounge: it's easy to spot the abusers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Skydog. When I go to Subscibed Threads it says This folder is currently empty. Weird. I haven't manually subscribed to any threads yet I get all
the replies by email even when I haven't posted in them for ages. I have queried this with the moderators so hope I get a reply.

BTW Skydog (and I'm replying to you not to HarryT whose post I find completely offensive)
the karma I have gained is from winning a couple of playful competitions in The Lounge where the person who set the comps generously awarded me
5 million points. I was amazed and thought it very nice of him. I don't have a 'ring' , I don't even have any 'friends' or private message with anyone.
I've yet to find out where the latest 5 million came from but I suspect it was that person in The Lounge where I won the comp again.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
In order to stop email notification about a thread that you have posted in previously:

Under User CP, scroll down to Settings & Options, then click on Edit Options.

Under Edit Options, scroll down to Messaging & Notification.

In this area, scroll down to Default Thread Subscription Mode and click on the drop down menu to change it to no email notification.

click to enlarge Click image for larger version

Name:	options.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	103336

I hop that is what you were asking about.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
Katel
Evangelist

Thanks a lot Dreams, that's what I wanted and seems to have done the trick. . I must have accidentally
clicked on the send emails one

Old 03-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
the karma I have gained is from winning a couple of playful competitions in The Lounge where the person who set the comps generously awarded me
5 million points. I was amazed and thought it very nice of him. I don't have a 'ring' , I don't even have any 'friends' or private message with anyone.
I've yet to find out where the latest 5 million came from but I suspect it was that person in The Lounge where I won the comp again.
No, you misunderstood my post. It's not you who's abused the system, but the person who gave you the karma. Being in a "karma ring" is the only way that anyone can gain enough karma to be able to give 5 million points in a single shot.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Please read the thread "Web Subscription Query/Problem.

The Messaging and Notifications option *might* only affect new subscriptions. You may have to delve further to change notifications on older subscribed threads.

Please read through the whole thread, it's not very long. I hope this helps.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #9
Katel
Evangelist

Thanks Wetdogeared that's very helpful. Hopefully it's all fixed now.