Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
nameless_soul
nameless_soul began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Unhappy K-Touch frozen on System Diags

Hello everyone! Pleased to meet you, I'm nameless_soul. Please refer to me as 'soul' or just 'nameless', as you wish.

So, here's the problem:
My beautiful Kindle Touch seems to be bricked on the very famous System Diagnostics screen.

What I'm using:

a)a Kindle Touch with firmware 5.1.2 jailbroken (Yifan Liu's method)
b)a windows 7 laptop
c)a micro-usb cable (default one)
d)amazon's usb-to-power adapter (for wall-charging)

What I have tried:

a)charging the device for more than 20 hours consecutively with a wall charger.
Nothing happened but the battery indicator(that orange/green light below the device) changing color.
b)pressing and holding the power off/lock button for 30 seconds (Soft reset).
Nothing happened.
c)charging the device for 5 minutes and then pressing and holding the power off/lock button for 1 minute. (Hard reset).
The battery indicator when off after 15 seconds, but nothing more. Although, when I did this using my computer as a power source, my computer recognized the Kindle as a removable device for about 5-10 seconds. When I had a chance to access its content it was empty. No surprise.
d)removing the battery.
Absolutely nothing happened.

Here's the victim:
Spoiler:

Consider me an average Kindle user with no clue about what happened to my device.
Help would be infinitely appreciated. I'm really desperate to fix this problem.

nameless_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Use the information from the "simple debricking" sticky thread - in particular, follow the "noob's guide" linked from there.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert