Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
rlh3
Connoisseur
rlh3 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Copy data from Title field to IDs field

I have a collection of several hundred pdfs that have the isbn of the book as the title. Is there a way to have calibre copy the title information into the ids field (with the 'isbn:' added to it) so that I can use the metadata download to populate all of the other fields?
I really am not looking forward manually correcting all of teh metada on these if there is no automated process...

Thanks
rlh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh3 View Post
I have a collection of several hundred pdfs that have the isbn of the book as the title. Is there a way to have calibre copy the title information into the ids field (with the 'isbn:' added to it) so that I can use the metadata download to populate all of the other fields?
I really am not looking forward manually correcting all of teh metada on these if there is no automated process...

Thanks
Use the Bulk Metadata Edit Search and Replace (with care).
You should be able to craft a replace term that includes the needed isbn: prefix
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
rlh3
Connoisseur

I have tried that. I have never been able to get Search and Replace to copy from one field to another successfully. If you have any hints, they would be appreciated.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have tried that. I have never been able to get Search and Replace to copy from one field to another successfully. If you have any hints, they would be appreciated.
Do you know REGEX?
Post an EXACT copy of the source field
Below the type the part that you want to be COPIED to the identifiers field
Old 09-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
rlh3
Connoisseur

Sorry for the delay, I was away from my computer yesterday.

The source field is an isbn (either 10 or 13 digits)

for example: 0192801635

and i want it moved to the identifiers field with "isbn:" added to the beginning.

for example; isbn:0192801635

I hope that this is enough information.
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Sorry for the delay, I was away from my computer yesterday.

The source field is an isbn (either 10 or 13 digits)

for example: 0192801635

and i want it moved to the identifiers field with "isbn:" added to the beginning.

for example; isbn:0192801635

I hope that this is enough information.
No it is not. (I know what a ISBN looks like )

I need the entire EXACT contents of the title to be able to write you a S&R pattern.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
rlh3
Connoisseur

The only thing in the title field is the isbn. Some are isbn-10 and some are isbn-13
Old 09-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
The only thing in the title field is the isbn. Some are isbn-10 and some are isbn-13
Calibre seems to deal with both

Image attached:
For this (S&R) to be used, you need t have 2 or more books selected (They all do not need to be able match the pattern)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	title2ISBN.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	92804  
Old 09-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #9
rlh3
Connoisseur

Worked beautifully. In less time that it has takes to type this, it took care of just over 100 book.

I assume that the \1 means to not change the contents of the field?

Thank you
Old 09-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Worked beautifully. In less time that it has takes to type this, it took care of just over 100 book.

I assume that the \1 means to not change the contents of the field?

Thank you
\1 is REGEX for the first back reference: the value trapped within the first Paren set