Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Saved searches question

I've looked all over the manual and the forums but can't find any information on how to edit a saved search. Is this possible? Or do you have to delete it and create a new one? I would be nice especially if you have a complicated search and you want to make a small change to it.
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You can't edit them as far as I know. However, you can get the actual search text into the search window to modify it. To do that, first select your saved search, then click the leftward green arrow button right beside the saved searches field. You can then modify the search text and save it as a new saved search.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great! That was exactly what I needed.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Actually, it just so happens that you can edit the searches: In the tags browser, there should be a saved searches category. Right click on the search you want to edit and select "manage saved searches".
Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
danwdoo
Groupie

Ah, I see that now. I forgot all about those options as I usually have that pane shrunk all the way to maximize my screen width for the columns pane. I do wish there was an option to click on it to 'open' it and then have it auto close when done-much like Outlook can do now with it's folders pane. That way it's easy to access the few times I need it but it doesn't take up all my screen space.
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwdoo View Post
Ah, I see that now. I forgot all about those options as I usually have that pane shrunk all the way to maximize my screen width for the columns pane. I do wish there was an option to click on it to 'open' it and then have it auto close when done-much like Outlook can do now with it's folders pane. That way it's easy to access the few times I need it but it doesn't take up all my screen space.
You can open and close it by clicking on the buttons on the lower right part of the window. You can also open and close the panes by dragging the border and/or double-clicking the border.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
danwdoo
Groupie

Yea, I tend to forget about those buttons as well down there since I rarely use them. A thicker border to represent something is hidden on the left side might be nice, but certainly not important.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard

I don't know to what extent this is possible with the Qt toolkit, however, you might consider an enhancement ticket.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwdoo View Post
A thicker border to represent something is hidden on the left side might be nice, but certainly not important.
I'm curious, to represent the hidden pane the border on my Windows machine is bright yellow. Is this true on your setup as well?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 AM   #10
danwdoo
Groupie

This is just sad . I always thought that was just a color scheme thing. I never put together that it represented the hidden pane. I guarentee I won't forget that one again!