Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Tonight's Dinner and a Movie is...

Tonight Cafe' Ralph is serving:

Lemon Pepper Tilapia, coated with corn meal (Maize meal to non NorteAmericanos)

Purple Hull Peas.

Fresh Fruit medley - Golden Raspberries, Dark cherries, and a Royal Gala Apple.

The wine is Berkastler Graben 2002 Spatlase.

Dessert is a chocolate chip cookie.

The movie is No Man of Her Own Clarke Gable and Carole Lombard - 1932.

Yum, Yum...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
No dinner for me, but I am having a cup of milky tea (plenty of sugars) and watching the classic Carol Reed movie - The Stars Look Down - before I kick off tonight's writing session
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
all right now just stop it the both of you !! i've already had my dinner but now i want cherries and a royal gala (those are my favorite apples) and a chocolate chip cookie !!!

damned ! at least i'm going to go make some tea then.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
all right now just stop it the both of you !! i've already had my dinner but now i want cherries and a royal gala (those are my favorite apples) and a chocolate chip cookie !!!

But it's a pre-code movie.....
Old 05-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
But it's a pre-code movie.....
is that your excuse for making me so hungry ?? i really don't see how that has anything to do with food...
Advert
Old 05-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
is that your excuse for making me so hungry ?? i really don't see how that has anything to do with food...

This is the silliness world, nothing has to make sense....Besides what have you got against raspberries, anyways?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
This is the silliness world, nothing has to make sense....Besides what have you got against raspberries, anyways?
nothing at all ! i would like some raspberries too please !
Old 05-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

hooray !! i've just remembered my friend gave me a piece of chocolate cake to bring home with me from dinner yesterday !!! yay for chocolate cake !!!
Old 05-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Raspberries go very well with chocolate cake...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Actually, it's all part of a plot to get Queen Z to make a royal visit to Texas someday.....

(You know, good food, good wine, good movie, and maybe ever getting VR to drop by for a scritch... (and his human, and Elsi and Rickey, and all the rest of the Texas gang...))

(Keep it under your psock, it's a secret plan....)
Old 05-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

get rid of those giant mutant cockroaches, fire ants, and other terrifying creatures and we'll talk.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #12
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

They have laws here against shooting politicians....(Very narrow-minded, I think!)
Old 05-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:

Oooo! Yes, Royal Gala apples are my favourite, too. Those chaps in New Zeeland know how to raise those perky little fellows, don't they. And a chocolate chip cookie to go with will be nice, thank you. And tea.

Tonight, I'll be watching episodes of Doctor Who: The Genesis of the Daleks. It's part of my attempt to fully understand where Harry comes from. Research, you see.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
They have laws here against shooting politicians....(Very narrow-minded, I think!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Oooo! Yes, Royal Gala apples are my favourite, too. Those chaps in New Zeeland know how to raise those perky little fellows, don't they. And a chocolate chip cookie to go with will be nice, thank you. And tea.
yes, don't they ! (grr. now i want cookies AGAIN. and since it's sunday i can't even go buy some. )
Quote:
Tonight, I'll be watching episodes of Doctor Who: The Genesis of the Daleks. It's part of my attempt to fully understand where Harry comes from. Research, you see.
x2
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #15
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
An old thread, but I was thinking about making a new thread ... and then I found this one.

I'm the cook in the family. It was that way when my wife and I were dating, and it continued as a stay-at-home Dad, and it's still that way. Not that my wife is helpless in the kitchen -- but pretty darn close to it. Once, when my daughter was three years old she heard me telling someone that I cooked dinners in our house. She got very indignant and pointed out that Mom had made dinner that past Saturday, while I was out. She made spaghetti.

Anyway, for tonight's dinner I made a "faux" stir fry. I start with sliced beef and onions in a heavy-bottomed, tall pot. When the beef and onions are sauteed I add vegetables -- the list varies, but tonight it was sliced yellow and green peppers, green onions, sliced radishes, shredded carrots, and (a lot of) bean sprouts. I covered the pot and let them steam themselves, stirring occasionally, then added quartered plum tomatoes and some Korean-style stir fry sauce.

We have some left-overs, but they'll be gone by tomorrow afternoon.

Tonight's movie is "to be determined." I'll have to see what's available on Netflix.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote