Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #706
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
New version uploaded on Market.
A lot of changes in UI.

Some people complaining about missing menu button and settings.

Due to turned off legacy mode under Android 3, 4, legacy menu softkey disappeared (in legacy mode it's impossible to use fullscreen and softkey dimming).

I've uploaded patched version with following warning:

WARNING: No more legacy Menu soft button available under Android 3 and 4. Without toolbar, in reading mode you can open menu by tapping at center of screen. Long tap at center of screen shows settings dialog. Turn on toolbar in reading mode?
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #707
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozicka View Post
HI,

Cool reader is really great software, I want to setup it for my Grandma for reading.

please is there a way to add to interface also Czech language, and Czech hyphen dictionary?

I can see, that in windows version Czech is already there. There are some guides on net how to add it manually using APK tool. I tried it, but it is not working for me on new versions (it worked only for Cool_Reader_v3.0.51-20, but this version does not have search book option.)

I can prepare the values-cs strings, and Czech_hyphen_(Alan) can be use from windows version.
It would be great!

You can download strings.xml for translation from SourceForge:
http://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/...gs.xml;hb=HEAD

Once ready please email it me to buggins(at)fromru.com

As well it would be useful to translate manual template
http://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/...en.fb2;hb=HEAD
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #708
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Hm, the latest version for me is failing to display italics (from the <i> tag).

EDIT: Ah, I see, it was a problem in the epub.css file.

Last edited by Rand Brittain; 12-06-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #709
Buggins
Zealot

Update available on Market and http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...er3/cr3-3.1.2/
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #710
gracie
Enthusiast
gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Well, the new version was quite an unexpected shock last night... At 10:35 I hopped into bed and started reading. Everything was absolutely normal. 3 minutes later it flickered off and dumped me back to the home page...

Restarted Cool Reader and suddenly had this totally foreign page in front of me. Re-opening my book I had this odd message about Android, and when the book opened, a great big thing across the top with a bunch of miniscule icons...

After realizing I had NOT had a stroke, I eventually figured out there was some new version that completely changed the setup on the Nexus 7. But, once I figured out how to turn off the toolbar, it still works fine...

BUT, I'm curious about the "how come" of the whole thing. At the bottom, where I previously had 4 buttons, including one to get into settings, I now have none... Just 3 little dots. I have to hit the dot to bring up the buttons, and the settings button is gone. It's not big deal since I can hit the center of the screen and bring up a big thing that has a settings icon, but can somebody tell me WHAT it was that Android did to make legacy mode or get rid of legacy mode or whatever whoever did that made it necessary to make such a huge change in Cool Reader? And are a bunch of other apps going to have to do the same thing now?
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #711
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie View Post
Well, the new version was quite an unexpected shock last night... At 10:35 I hopped into bed and started reading. Everything was absolutely normal. 3 minutes later it flickered off and dumped me back to the home page...

Restarted Cool Reader and suddenly had this totally foreign page in front of me. Re-opening my book I had this odd message about Android, and when the book opened, a great big thing across the top with a bunch of miniscule icons...

After realizing I had NOT had a stroke, I eventually figured out there was some new version that completely changed the setup on the Nexus 7. But, once I figured out how to turn off the toolbar, it still works fine...

BUT, I'm curious about the "how come" of the whole thing. At the bottom, where I previously had 4 buttons, including one to get into settings, I now have none... Just 3 little dots. I have to hit the dot to bring up the buttons, and the settings button is gone. It's not big deal since I can hit the center of the screen and bring up a big thing that has a settings icon, but can somebody tell me WHAT it was that Android did to make legacy mode or get rid of legacy mode or whatever whoever did that made it necessary to make such a huge change in Cool Reader? And are a bunch of other apps going to have to do the same thing now?
Have you ever tried to read in the dark, with soft button icons instead of dots? To be able dimming soft buttons (turn into dots) and use fullscreen mode on Android 3 and 4, it's necessary to specify target platform Android 3 or later. This may be done only during compilation, and cannot be changed programmatically. But once target platform is set to higher than 2.3.x, menu button (three vertical dots at bottom toolbar) become unavailable, and program even is not able to show legacy menu programmatically. Google assumes that instead of menu, Action Bar control will be used in new application. So I had to implement my own menu and toolbar, to support both older and new android versions.

BTW, you can disable dimming of soft keys using Setting "Turn off key backlight" disabled.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #712
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
So, it's some kind of Android thing? The buttons at the bottom of the screen can't contain a menu any more for apps? But, we can't get rid of the buttons when the app is running? I noticed in Cool Reader that even when I set "Full Screen" the dots are still there. And even when I turn on "Hide toolbar in Full Screen" the dots are still there... For just a split second, the book text went all the way to the bottom of the screen, then the bottom half in with the dots came back.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #713
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
So, it's some kind of Android thing? The buttons at the bottom of the screen can't contain a menu any more for apps? But, we can't get rid of the buttons when the app is running? I noticed in Cool Reader that even when I set "Full Screen" the dots are still there. And even when I turn on "Hide toolbar in Full Screen" the dots are still there... For just a split second, the book text went all the way to the bottom of the screen, then the bottom half in with the dots came back.
It might help to know which Android and device you are referring to? For instance, with Android Jelly Bean on my Transformer Prime, none of what you are talking about occurs. I do not recall seeing it with CM7.2 on my Nook Color either.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #714
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
I just installed the latest version and everything seems to be working normally for me, although I was already using the development builds so I don't notice a big difference. I have Android 4.1.2 via a custom ROM CyanogenMod 10, and the status bar is dimmed as is typical with other apps in full screen mode.

Some older versions of CM had an option to completely hide the statusbar, rather than just dim the icons. That option is not available in my newer version, but my ROM has gestures and I configured one to completely hide the bar when I want. I can also use the power button to toggle the statusbar.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #715
lostinlodos
Enthusiast
lostinlodos began at the beginning.

Device: multi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie View Post
once I figured out how to turn off the toolbar, it still works fine...
mind sharing
i cant get rid of it.
lostinlodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #716
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
I've got a Nexus 7 too. Mine just updated itself to Android 4.2.1.

Turning off the toolbar in Coolreader is in the options. On the tab immediately to the right of the one that says "css" there's an option to set where the toolbar should show. I set it to none.

There's also an option to "turn off toolbar on fullscreen", which I"m not sure what it does 'cause so far I don't THINK I can get full screen to work... At least not in what "I" think of as "full screen". No matter what I've done so far I still have a section of screen at the bottom with three dim buttons...

But, given how well the reader works, that's a trivial issue.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #717
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
I've got a Nexus 7 too. Mine just updated itself to Android 4.2.1.

Turning off the toolbar in Coolreader is in the options. On the tab immediately to the right of the one that says "css" there's an option to set where the toolbar should show. I set it to none.

There's also an option to "turn off toolbar on fullscreen", which I"m not sure what it does 'cause so far I don't THINK I can get full screen to work... At least not in what "I" think of as "full screen". No matter what I've done so far I still have a section of screen at the bottom with three dim buttons...

But, given how well the reader works, that's a trivial issue.
The buttons below is an android 4 thing I don't think they can be removed unless your device has physical buttons as without those you have no way to get out of the app. I know you can set the menu in coolreader but that is not possible in other apps so those buttons are built into android.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #718
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Awesome. Been waiting for the dim buttons so I can switch back from fbreader.
Thanks for such a great app. Donation forthcoming.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #719
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
Been waiting for the dim buttons so I can switch back from fbreader.
What is your device?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #720
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
What is your device?
Nexus 7
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader