Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #91
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtai View Post
Ditto.
No FW library for me either (and continued emails to them were never returned).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #92
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I emailed B&N UK customers services last weekend about my missing FW library (again), and have not even had an acknowledgement from them. Very very poor.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #93
Morganucopia
Bookaholic
Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
You could just buy a Nook tablet. Then you'll know how they look on the device, *and* you'll have an Android tablet.
Very true, but I have my heart set on an Asus Transformer tablet. I don't like Barnes & Noble anyway and won't use the Nook for anything but EPUB testing, and I'd rather spend the money on a tablet I'll use for other things.
Morganucopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #94
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganucopia View Post
Very true, but I have my heart set on an Asus Transformer tablet. I don't like Barnes & Noble anyway and won't use the Nook for anything but EPUB testing, and I'd rather spend the money on a tablet I'll use for other things.
Fair enough. And there is something to say for a tablet that you don't have to tweak. I like tweaking, so needing to root and install CyanogenMod was actually a plus for me.

Have fun with your Transformer when you get it!
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #95
Morganucopia
Bookaholic
Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
In Nook for PC, click on "My Library" in the left hand pane. On the top, you should now see a button that says "Add New Item" ... click on it and you can navigate to wherever the book is on your PC and import it into the reader.
--Pat
Why couldn't I see that when I first tried importing EPUBs? I'm feeling very stupid, but very thankful for smart people. Hoorah! Judging from a test run of the EPUB I'm currently working on, it doesn't look like the Nook supports p:first-line or p:first-letter selectors. This is the kind of stuff I wanted to find out. Thanks PatNY. You rock!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #96
Morganucopia
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
Fair enough. And there is something to say for a tablet that you don't have to tweak. I like tweaking, so needing to root and install CyanogenMod was actually a plus for me.

Have fun with your Transformer when you get it!
Thanks Rbneader. I just discovered from PatNY that I can in fact import my own EPUBs for testing. I know they've discontinued the service, but it gives me a rough idea.

I've looked everywhere in the FAQs of this site to figure out how to add karma to people such as yourself who are very helpful. When I click on Karma, there's a field called "Adjust reputation power" set at "3". Is this how I give you points? It looks like I could give you a million points in one click if I wanted to. What gives?
Old 06-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #97
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Thanks Rbneader. I just discovered from PatNY that I can in fact import my own EPUBs for testing. I know they've discontinued the service, but it gives me a rough idea.

I've looked everywhere in the FAQs of this site to figure out how to add karma to people such as yourself who are very helpful. When I click on Karma, there's a field called "Adjust reputation power" set at "3". Is this how I give you points? It looks like I could give you a million points in one click if I wanted to. What gives?
Thanks!

Looks like the FAQ decided to be tricky. It uses 'reputation' and not 'karma'

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.

So it looks like different people can give different amounts of karma?
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #98
Morganucopia
Bookaholic

Thanks Rbneader. Gee, it looks like my track record for finding information lately is pathetic.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #99
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
You will enjoy the Asus Transformer. I bought my wife and son Transformer tablets for Christmas. both love them. And that is surprising for my wife. She was always computer declined before getting the tablet.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #100
Morganucopia
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
You will enjoy the Asus Transformer. I bought my wife and son Transformer tablets for Christmas. both love them. And that is surprising for my wife. She was always computer declined before getting the tablet.
Apache
Thanks for the advice, Apache! Now I'm definitely going to get one. I would have liked to have gotten back to you sooner with a thank you, but in the meantime, my city (Calgary) flooded. It's never going to be the same. Luckily, I didn't live on the flood plain, or I'd probably wouldn't be posting on MobileReads anytime soon!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #101
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Now if someone from the UK would report that they've also added a download button to purchases, I'd start to feel like maybe they're not moving towards forcing content online only or on their readers.
I've just bought my first book from Nook (novella for £0.38). To get Nook for PC and to download books directly you have to switch from the UK Nook site to the Barnes & Nobles site!

There's a UK flag next to 'Shopping Basket' in the top right corner of the screen. Click on the drop down and select United States. All the apps and PC software can be found at the very bottom of the homepage.

To download books, log into your Nook account. Once logged in click on 'My Account' and then 'My Nook'. This gets over the blank page problem reported earlier in this thread.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #102
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I just used Nook for PC today and it worked.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote