Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #16
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
I am a little dissapointed that Android market isn't available (what's up with that?) and the Cruz market page is up but not populated yet, so don't know what apps will be available. On the plus side, I sent an email question to them and got a response back same day! Asked about shipping and was told they expect their first shipment after Labor Day and will start shipping right away.
Velocity Micro has a solid reputation for computers so holding confidence high that their readers/tablets will be high quality. Should know in a couple of weeks as mine is slated for Sept 18th shipping.

Last edited by MsAstoria; 09-04-2010 at 11:14 AM.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #17
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
This looks interesting to me for a 2nd reader. Would I have to download ADE beforehand in order to sideload all of my drm books from my pc on to this reader? And I take it that I would also be able to read at night without extra light.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #18
donttellmike
donttellmike began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Hi -
I am new to this site. I have been wondering about the cruz reader.
Did you pre - order from Borders or elsewhere?
Was wondering how you found out about a shipping date.
Do you have any idea how this will work in the sun/outdoors?
donttellmike is offline   Reply With Quote