Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
MacSonyReader
MacSonyReader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Help please: Calibre and Sony Reader PRS 500 won't work

Thank you so much for developing this software otherwise my SonyReader would've been totally useless.
Or should it be?

I'm trying to use Calibre with my device to no avail.
Sometimes seems to work, others doesn't seem to work whatsoever, but at the end I haven been able to load anything in the card except for one occasion.
I loaded a book to the Reader memory (not the card) and I haven't been able to repeat it.

Sometimes detects the device, but not its content.
Sometimes detects the device and the content, but won't load books to the reader.
Sometimes won't detect the device at all.

I have to constantly to plug and unplug the USB cable to get it (partially) detected.

Some screen shots and the Debug Device Detection are attached here to see if that helps in the finding of a solution.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Debug File Download Here

Using:
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 1.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MM11.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.3f4
Serial Number (system): YM6201DBU36
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CBA4EA3A

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D573)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.3.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
MacSonyReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
On OSX with a non upgraded 500 the latest version of calibre that will work is 0.6.29
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
MacSonyReader

Thank you so much for your prompt answer kovidgoyal!
I really appreciate it.

For those that might run with the same problem you can find old versions...

Here

I will give it a try and I'll let you know.

Thanks again,
Old 05-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the old versions of calibre available on Kovid's website? You shouldn't have to go to Wareseeker, of all places, to get them!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Old versions are here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
MacSonyReader

Thank you kovidgoyal, but I would've appreciated it if you had provided the link in the your first answer.
Google put those handily in a jiffy.