Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
DR800 sources posted

Hi all,

I've just put up the DR800S(G) SDK and Source packages on our developer website.

You'll need to look in the version 3.0 folders.

For those of you who are missing folder browsing, I would suggest to have a look at the ctb sources, filetypes.c around line 273...

Happy hacking!

Regards,

Matthijs
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
From version 1.7 to 3.0 is a big jump. It's likely they started work on 2.0 at some point but restarted in a different direction and hence the 3.0.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
2.0 was the DR1000SW firmware, yes.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
To translate the criptic message:

In the ini file, there is an entry called: "/apps/er/sys/ctb/showdir" if it has the value "sdcard" the code suggests that you will see folders.

Note1: The ini file is located in the DR1000 on the SD card under /System/dr1000.ini, so probably it will be located at a simular place on the DR800.

Note2: take a copy of the original DRxxxx.ini

Note3: The drxxxx.ini file is read during power-up, so power-down the DR when changing it.

Do this at your own risk!
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
so simply add this line to the dr.ini file?
/apps/er/sys/ctb/showdir=sdcard

that's it?
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Hmmm, I wonder if we can port the new CTB to the DR1000...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
Hi all,

I've just put up the DR800S(G) SDK and Source packages on our developer website.

You'll need to look in the version 3.0 folders.

For those of you who are missing folder browsing, I would suggest to have a look at the ctb sources, filetypes.c around line 273...

Happy hacking!

Regards,

Matthijs
Thanks!! You rock.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
so simply add this line to the dr.ini file?
/apps/er/sys/ctb/showdir=sdcard

that's it?
That is what to code that Matthijs pointed to suggests... I can not try it myself... I assume that the line is already there, but with another value.
Maybe someone has time to load the DR800 poky-files for the emulator and try? I only can make some time this weekend.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
@Mackx Any idea how to enable the zoom function for pdf files? Is there a registry hack for that too?
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #10
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if we can port the new CTB to the DR1000...
I quickly looked at the diff with R1.7, although there is a lot of code that is not changed, a lot of the details have been changed/improved. So it might not be as easy as it seems, but it must be possible.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #11
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
@Mackx Any idea how to enable the zoom function for pdf files? Is there a registry hack for that too?
Even in the old code (R1.7) the zooming code seems to be part of the viewer code which they do not publish, although I have not studied that part of the code in detail, so I am not completely sure.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #12
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
From version 1.7 to 3.0 is a big jump. It's likely they started work on 2.0 at some point but restarted in a different direction and hence the 3.0.
Looking at the differences between the published code of R1.7 and R3.0, they seem to be evolutionary, not revolutionary. All the basic components are still there, but with changes. It seems that only a small part of the code is specifically written for DR800 or DR1000.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #13
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
That is what to code that Matthijs pointed to suggests... I can not try it myself... I assume that the line is already there, but with another value.
Maybe someone has time to load the DR800 poky-files for the emulator and try? I only can make some time this weekend.
Somebody already tried it and it seems to work on the real thing!!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #14
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
I see 2.6.24 and HAL. HAL in particular would cause very slow cold boot which is what the Ubuntu and Fedora developers are trying to get rid of in order to get there 10 second cold boot to full desktop goal.
How close is the emulator for the 1000 to the 800 environment (note to self must find time to run it)

I suppose if you have limited resources and a big platform change (Adobe) then if it is not broke then don't fix it.
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #15
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
It seems that only a small part of the code is specifically written for DR800 or DR1000.
Which is very good news.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote