Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #16
Francesca Thomas
Francesca Thomas has a spectacular aura aboutFrancesca Thomas has a spectacular aura aboutFrancesca Thomas has a spectacular aura aboutFrancesca Thomas has a spectacular aura aboutFrancesca Thomas has a spectacular aura aboutFrancesca Thomas has a spectacular aura aboutFrancesca Thomas has a spectacular aura aboutFrancesca Thomas has a spectacular aura aboutFrancesca Thomas has a spectacular aura aboutFrancesca Thomas has a spectacular aura aboutFrancesca Thomas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
I also received the new policy from Chapters in the Eaton Centre - 14 days if unopened. Then they stapled the Kobo contact info onto the receipts (i bought 2 Glo's).

I am confused - it can be returned if unopened? How is one supposed to know if one likes the product without opening it?

Oh and my Kobo was purchased from Indigos at the Eaton Centre as well.

Last edited by Francesca Thomas; 12-20-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Francesca Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Future Shop is often flexible after purchase in store as well
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Just bought a Glo from Chapters simply because they have a free Roots leather case promotion on now, which is better than nothing. Wish they had a money-off promo on as they do with the Mini right now.

Sadly my KTouch died yesterday after a drop. I'm in Korea where none of the mainstream ereaders are available locally (only massively overpriced iRivers). While the Glo is quite cheap in Japan - $100 give or take - they won't ship abroad, and the Glo doesn't seem to be available online from anywhere in the US, so I bought in Canada and am having it shipped here. From what I could gather in terms of hardware the Paperwhite has the advantage of lower minimum brightness and 'whiter' light, while the Glo is more evenly lit, but the more featureful firmware of the Kobo won me over (I know it's buggy from having owned a Touch, but I can deal with that as a trade-off for cbz/r support, much better type options, epub, etc.)
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #19
cincin
cincin began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Costco

I saw the black kobo glo at costco in Calgary, Alberta with the sleep cover for 129 or 127. My understanding is that Costco has a very lenient return policy.

I bought mine from BestBuy because of their lenient return policy.
cincin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #20
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincin View Post
I saw the black kobo glo at costco in Calgary, Alberta with the sleep cover for 129 or 127. My understanding is that Costco has a very lenient return policy.

I bought mine from BestBuy because of their lenient return policy.
Which Costco? I was in the Deerfoot Meadows Costco yesterday and didn't see it.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #21
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninTech View Post
I've seen it at 2 Costco here in Montreal; they are packaged in a large cardboard card/blister pack near the laptops and cameras. I had to look for it as it wasn't a very noticable display. Costco will definitely have a better return policy than either Best Buy, Future Shop or Chapters in my experience. It's basically "no questions asked" as long as you have your bill and all the parts/packaging. I've returned a netbook, a digital camera and a blueray player in the past (after using) with no arguments...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #22
belowzeros
belowzeros began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
I just wanted to share that Costco does have these as mentioned. It was on promo starting just before xmas for $127.

It comes on their backerboard with a "free" black plethor or whatever fabric that is - sleepcover. The cover is quite nice, much better than any of the $20 cheaper ones Chapters sells. The cover bends back on itself and has an elastic that holds it back, i like it a lot. The cover retails for $40 fwiw.

call your local costco to check stock they are largely sold out. if they don't have it ask them to tell you what location does to save you calling around (they have screens that tell them other location quantity). The stocking number at costco canada is 336541. I just bought one today because I got sick of waiting for the Paperwhite.

cheers
belowzeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #23
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Futureshop/bestbuy is officially 3 days, but they will let you go over that by quite a bit if you are exchanging. I had a Zune MP3 player for almost two months that I bought for $150, when one with double the capacity went on sale for $100. The manager let me return mine, and refused to "mark up" the sale price of the new one to $150, as I requested. So, I just spent the extra money on the $50 premium accessory pack. Anyway, bottom line is, Futureshop is usually good. I mean, heck, any store that accepts OPENED movies back has a pretty good return policy right?
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #24
cincin
cincin began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninTech View Post
I saw it at the deerfoot meadows location. there was a bunch of them out near the front by the jewellery. Not sure if they are still there though. Definitely call and check first.
cincin is offline   Reply With Quote