Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Here is one thought...

Run another add on Craigslist's lost and found in the same area you bought it.
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #17
MrsAmandaK
Nerdy and I know it ;)
MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Better question is what DOESN'T this family have?! Current: Kindle PW
I understand the need to not feel guilty - because if he DID steal it from someone you had someone's property.

Amazon may not have wanted to get involved because if the unit was damaged and defective then they would have been responsible for it.

I am glad you got your money back and a $10 credit for being a good person.
MrsAmandaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Here is a suggestion for those that want their devices returned (if its found by someone as willing as HaggisMacJedi to return it). I've placed a sticker on the back of mine with contact info. I do this with a lot of the items I carry.

I figure that if I don't I will NEVER see the device again.... but if I do... maybe... just maybe someone will contact me to return it.

Also, make sure your contact info is listed inside the software settings too.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #19
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I think you went above amd beyond to do the right thing! I was robbed while out of town and everything was probably sold off before I was even back. Wish more people were that honest!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitarywolf View Post
Here is a suggestion for those that want their devices returned (if its found by someone as willing as HaggisMacJedi to return it). I've placed a sticker on the back of mine with contact info. I do this with a lot of the items I carry.

I figure that if I don't I will NEVER see the device again.... but if I do... maybe... just maybe someone will contact me to return it.

Also, make sure your contact info is listed inside the software settings too.
Helps if it's found by an honest person. <grin> Left my Kindle Touch in the seat back pocket of an American Airlines plane in Texas. Sticker on the back with my name, telephone number and email. Owner information filled in under settings with the same AND the 'name' of my Kindle was, "If found please call xxx-xxx-xxxx" with the x's being my cell phone number. It was not locked, so ownership would have been EASY to determine.

Of course, leaving it in the seatback MIGHT have been a Freudian Slip. Did not care for the Kindle Touch and am a LOT happier with my Kindle 4 NT!

jT
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:16 AM   #21
Vitonyd
Vitonyd began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Kindle Paperwhite [Serical number deleted - MODERATOR]

Purchased a blacklist kindle Paperwhite 2 from someone on Craigslist. Serial number above blacklisted and I'm unable to register the device. I just want to return it to the rightful owner since amazon doesn't want to help.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-05-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Vitonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:56 AM   #22
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaggisMacJedi View Post
End of the story:

I spoke with Amazon SEVERAL times trying to get it back to the original owner, and YES, it was an exercise in futility. The last 3 reps I spoke to said I could either keep it and use it via side-loading, but that it would NOT ever register (the last rep actually recommended I just keep it), recycle it, turn it in to the cops, or return it to the seller. I asked them if there was ANY way to get it back to the original owner, and they all said NO.
Exactly what they told me when I bought a blacklisted Kindle Keyboard from a pawn shop. I was willing to send it back to Amazon -- I wouldn't have dreamed to ask for the owner's name or address. They weren't interested. Their suggestion ... take it back to the pawn shop. Okay, but how is that going to get it back to the owner? Not interested. I only paid $10 for it -- so I bought some books for my Dad and loaded them on it. (My Dad won't use WiFi anyhow. I already sent him a Nook Simple Touch, but he insisted that WiFi be shut off.)

I should mention ... don't assume the owner is on the up and up and got his Kindle stolen. It's also possible that he sold it to the pawn shop and reported it stolen for the insurance. Or -- probably more likely -- he could have just been vindictive. When he forgot to redeem his Kindle at the pawn shop, he could have reported it stolen to Amazon so the pawn shop would be left with a useless device. Or it could have been his wife's Kindle (or girlfriend's) and she reported it stolen. Or it could have simply been stolen.

Last edited by rcentros; 02-06-2015 at 02:59 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:50 AM   #23
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Amazon is so good with most things, but I think it has dropped the ball here. If my Kindle is stolen I would like to think that Amazon would assist in getting it back to me in these circumstances. The problem for them is the administration. The simplest way I can see for this to be done would be for the "finder" to email Amazon with Amazon forwarding the email to the rightful owner. The rightful owner could then make arrangements with the "finder" for the return of the device, and later with Amazon to remove the item from the blacklist. A further possibility is for Amazon to remove the blacklisting in favour of the "finder" if the rightful owner does not want the device returned or fails to respond. There would of course be some overhead cost to Amazon, but it would be great customer service if feasible.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote