Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #16
fkunze
fkunze began at the beginning.

Device: none
More apologies for resurrecting this post. I am encountering problems fetching metadata from isbn-based title names. I've already added a number of books into Calibre that now appear with the ISBN as the filename, e.g. 1234567890.pdf. Moreover these books lack any metadata (because the person loading them failed to understand how to create regular expressions). If I cut and paste the isbn number (from the title field) into the isbn field, I can get the metadata. I am seeking a way to do this more automatically.

I went to preferences>>adding books: and used (?P<isbn>.+) which works with the test field and populates the title field as well as the isbn field. I unchecked all of the checkboxes. I then save my changes and try to run "edit metadata">>"download only metadata" which returns an error "failed to download metadata for the following:
1. 0192801643.pdf
No matches found for this book

(and just to reiterate, when I cut and past this isbn from the title field into the isbn field in the form under "edit metadata individually" I can 'fetch the metadata successfully').

Any ideas?
fkunze is offline   Reply With Quote