Alan Baxter
Connoisseur
Alan Baxter doesn't litterAlan Baxter doesn't litter

Device: Laptop for now, iPhone soon.
Hi from down under

Hi everyone

Recently found this place - very cool!

You can learn all about me at my website http://www.alanbaxteronline.com

Loads of my writing there as well as my blog. Have a look around, leave me comments, send me emails. I'm a friendly guy.

Alan Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Alan!

I see by your post count that you have already been jumping in around the forums. Careful, this place is addictive.

I see that you have your work available on your website. Check out what the other authors are doing to promote their work on MR. We love to support participating MR author members.

Once your post and/or karma count is up (maybe now) you can create a signature and put info about you book and web link there.

We have members that are very knowledgeable about different format conversions/ creation and even an author member (Moejoe) who has created covers for other members.

Have fun around the forums and ask questions if you need to.

Last edited by dreams; 08-16-2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: spelling
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 03:54 AM   #3
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Thanks very much. I've already met Moejoe and his cover prowess!

I've been at this indie thing a long time now too, so happy to help in any way I can. It'll be good to share ideas and experiences with people.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:03 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
G'day Alan. It's always nice to have another Aussie on-board. Welcome.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:05 AM   #5
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Cheers! I was born and raised in the UK, been in Australia since 1997 and an actual Aussie since 2002. Just in the interests of full disclosure, you understand!

Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 04:24 AM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Baxter View Post
Cheers! I was born and raised in the UK, been in Australia since 1997 and an actual Aussie since 2002. Just in the interests of full disclosure, you understand!

In the interests of full disclosure, I was born in New South Wales, and raised in assorted places in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, then New South Wales again (RAAF-brat, you see). I lived in Sydney for most of my adult life, and just moved here a couple of years ago. FWIW, my Dad was born in Streatley, Berkshire - he moved here when he was 7 (in 1947).

Which part of the "south coast" are you from? We used to spend time in that whole Kiama-Shoalhaven Heads area, though I realise "south coast" may actually mean...well, "south" (Bega, Merimubla, etc.).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-13-2009, 05:33 AM   #7
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

I live in Jamberoo actually, just inland about five minutes from Kiama. Beautiful country - I love it here. Moved down here just last year after over a decade in Sydney.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Baxter View Post
I live in Jamberoo actually, just inland about five minutes from Kiama. Beautiful country - I love it here. Moved down here just last year after over a decade in Sydney.
Yeah, that's the good stuff. Beautiful scenery, beautiful beaches, beautiful Parks.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Alan, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G' Day Alan and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #12
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Alan!

As I've seen some of your posts in other threads, I figure you know your way around by now. Just as a reminder, we have a Writers' Corner forum here and plenty of free public domain ebooks you can download as well. Enjoy!

Happy reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #13
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Yeah, another Aussie.

Welcome.

nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #14
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Thanks all - nice to be here.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:02 AM   #15
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Oh yeah - official welcome!

Hi Alan
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote