Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
stranjer
n00b
stranjer began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Calibre and PDF convert!!

Hi everybody : )
some of you probably experienced this already but I couldnt find the thread.
I love Calibre and use it all the time but I have a problem when converting PDF files with it.

My issue is, that everytime I convert a PDF file with calibre Im losing the letters " ő " and " ű " throughout the hole text. Before somebody asks yes this are letters in hungarian
We have "ö" and "ü" as well but they remain,no probs.

If I just put the pdf on the e-reader,all the letters are OK but than of course you have the blank half pages which doesnt look ok, plus the default pdf file name etc.

So for me to put a pdf file on the e-reader, first I need to convert the pdf to word, than replace the letters ő and ű with ô and û(these arent in my alphabet,but work fine for me and than convert it to lrf which takes up my time.

if anyone has an ideea please share
stranjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
stranjer
n00b
stranjer began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
stranjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you tried raiing a ticket (via the calibre home site) and attaching one of these problem files (both the PDF and LRF files) so that they get looked at.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote