Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #121
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karina View Post
Yes that's absolutely right. But we want to go further and provide a more controllable and convenient 2-columns mode, suitable for PDFs and Epubs.

¡¡Great and great!! However the jump to two column mode could be when font is bigger...

Last edited by rfog; 07-08-2011 at 09:12 AM.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #122
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Spanish tranlation "bug".

Hi Karina!

I'v just found a glitch in Spanish tranlation version. In "Opciones de visualización" (font size and portrait/landscape), the icon shows "affichage", that is French, not Spanish. Direct translation is "Mostrar", but it can be "Estilo". And then you need to change current "Estilo" by "Tema", that I think is more acurate...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #123
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I really will buy this app when you provide 2 page mode in landscape....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #124
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
It would be great to have a discount for Edge members!
Quote:
My name is Karina, I'm the Project Director of Mantano.
I'm very glad you're satisfied with the Mantano Reader.

We are working on new features.

Please do not hesitate to send us your wishes and comments. We will do our best to meet your expectations !

Greetings from France,
Karina
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #125
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
what about e-ink integration?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #126
runix20
runix20 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S2
I love the App. I'm currently trialling it but there is only one thing that bothers me, it is a minor thing but it's there all the same. That's why I joined this forum to ask.
In Library view when I long press on a book it displays all the info including summary/description of the book if there is one (I personally use Calibre to tag my eBooks with this information). I really like this feature and it works fine until you open the book to read. After that you can't view the summary/description again - only Tags/Language/Location etc. Is there a setting to change this as I often open books and return to them sometime later- a summary is handy to refresh my memory.

Many thanks in advance for the help.
runix20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #127
Karina
Enthusiast
Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Archos 101, Acer Iconia A500, HTC Incredible S...
Red face

Hello RFog !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Spanish tranlation "bug".

Hi Karina!

I'v just found a glitch in Spanish tranlation version. In "Opciones de visualización" (font size and portrait/landscape), the icon shows "affichage", that is French, not Spanish. Direct translation is "Mostrar", but it can be "Estilo". And then you need to change current "Estilo" by "Tema", that I think is more acurate...
I'm spanish and I didn't notice this... You are absolutely right
Karina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #128
Karina
Enthusiast
Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.

Hello RUnix20!
Quote:
Originally Posted by runix20 View Post
I love the App. I'm currently trialling it but there is only one thing that bothers me, it is a minor thing but it's there all the same. That's why I joined this forum to ask.
In Library view when I long press on a book it displays all the info including summary/description of the book if there is one (I personally use Calibre to tag my eBooks with this information). I really like this feature and it works fine until you open the book to read. After that you can't view the summary/description again - only Tags/Language/Location etc. Is there a setting to change this as I often open books and return to them sometime later- a summary is handy to refresh my memory.

Many thanks in advance for the help.
Sorry, this seems to be a glitch: we'll fix this in the next release.
Happy to see you appreciate the application, thank you!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #129
Karina
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
what about e-ink integration?
In fact, from an historical point of view, Mantano Reader for Android comes from... a complete firmware for e-ink devices that we've developed. It runs on ARM 357 devices with Epson controllers. It includes an email application as well as a personal organizer and a calendar. We've maintained a deep compatibility between both e-ink and Android versions as long as possible, but since the last 3 monthes (the launch of our Android application on the market), we've been mostly focused on integrating feature requests from our customers, and we've slightly left apart the development of the e-ink firmware. This means that there are many features that are in the Android versions but not yet in the e-ink version.

Our E-Ink firmware is a huge work, and it cannot easily be integrated in any e-ink device. Though its layered conception eases porting to other platforms thanks to a Hardware Abstraction Layer, such a porting can only be considered through B2B partnerships with online bookstores or device manufacturers.

There are 2 videos on Youtube if you want to have a look:
I don't know if this answers your question, but we can further discuss about it if you want.

Last edited by Karina; 07-11-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #130
runix20
runix20 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S2
Quote:

Sorry, this seems to be a glitch: we'll fix this in the next release.
Happy to see you appreciate the application, thank you!
Update - I've determined that this problem occurs whenever the phone is restarted. (Samsung Galaxy S2) Removing the books from the library and importing them temporarily solves the issue until the next restart.
Thanks for your swift response earlier, the excellent support is worth the price of the app alone and I'll keep my fingers crossed that this issue is resolved in the next release as I'm sure I'm not the only one to have encountered it.
I was torn between Aldiko and Moon+reader until I encountered Mantano. I'm very impressed with both the app and your continuing development of it. I'd highly recommend it.
Keep up the good work and thanks again.
runix20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #131
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Just built a .pdf ebook based on the techniques from diybookscanner.org. The content is viewable under Acrobat Reader; Partially under Adobe Digital Editions and ezPDF; But totally unviewable under Mantano.

Any idea...?

Cheers.

P.S. The pictures are in the JPEG2000 format.

Edit2: After changing the black/white content to JBIG2 format, they're showing up now. The colour/greyscale content are still missing through.

Last edited by loyukfai; 07-15-2011 at 01:43 PM.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #132
binauchda
binauchda began at the beginning.

Device: Android LGP990
I also really like Mantano Reader. I switched from CoolReader to it. Only one thing which doesn't work any more (used to work at some time in Mantano as well). I can't change the backlight brightness any more. It used to work the same way as in CoolReader, swiping up/down in the left side of the display.

Any ideas whats going wrong here? Does anybody else experience this problem?

Thanks
binauchda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #133
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
A question for users or the devs.

Is there no setting to override the publisher set margins in this app (I've just started trying it out)? The margins some pubs set are OK on a tablet a lot of the time, but 1/4" or larger margins on a 4" cell phone screen are a bit much and make the reading experience not all that great. In some apps these margins can be overridden, but I didn't see an option in Mantano.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #134
wildchild1954
Connoisseur
wildchild1954 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T510
Really wanted to try this app since all of my files are in PDF and I have to use the OfficeSuite app on my Pandigital to read them correctly. Unfortunately when I found it on SlideMe it isn't compatible with a Pandigital reader running Android 2.
wildchild1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #135
qdlaty
qdlaty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Asus Transformer
Hi,
it is great to see this application is developing so quickly. It already won me over RepliGO reader with great annotation tools, comparable speed and TTS function.
However one thing I miss is the night reading mode for PDFs that Mantano has only for other formats (the text based).
I wish there would be also an option for managing the books. It would be great to be able to create folders/bookshelves in the file manager and also rename the book displayed title.
And last thing is a problem with some of PDFs in my mother language - Polish, I believe it is related to fonts/characters used.

RepliGO displays it without problems:

while Mantano mixes fonts:

BTW, the price tag you put on the application is absolutely acceptable especially with the trial period of 7 days! After 2 first hours I've already bought it

Last edited by qdlaty; 07-21-2011 at 03:36 PM.
qdlaty is offline   Reply With Quote