Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
picco
picco began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question syncing annotations, anyone?

Hi all,

I've noticed an experimental "Fetch annotations" function in Calibre, can anyone report their experiences with that? Which device/format is best for syncing annotations to/from a PC? Does it apply to highlights? bookmarks? handwritten vs. typed notes?

I'd like to use pdf but can adapt to converting to epub.

Both positive and negative experiences are welcome!

picco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have tried it with the Kobo Touch and ePubs. It copies all the the bookmarks and annotations and adds them to the comments in the library. It works, but I don't really like the results. Luckily, I don't really need to use it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, calibre, export, pdf, sync