Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Maclure, William: Observations on the Geology of the United States. V1.1. 30 Jul 2010

Another history of geology epub. This one is by a naturalized U.S. citizen, originally from Scotland. He was the first to publish in 1809 a detailed geologic map of the entire (at that time) United States and an accompanying book. In addition to his geologic work, he was closely associated with education reform and was responsible with Robert Owen for the New Harmony, Ind. education project. This text is from the second revised edition of 1818, whereas the map is the 1809 version. The map is fairly detailed and can't be seen well on an ebook reader, but it is in color and can be studied on a pc if desired.

In V 1.1, I modified my introduction to include a discussion of the sources of the materials, and also slightly expanded the material on New Harmony, Indiana. Also, I moved the introduction to occur before the original title page, and corrected two typos.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.

Last edited by bobcdy; 07-30-2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Modified my introduction; slightly improved formatting
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote