Device: Kobo glo hd
【help me】upgrade kobo glo hd

Someone please help me
I have a bookreader(kobo glo hd)
Now i want to upgrade its memory to 64gb
I has found this link:
http://www.gregsguides.com/kobohack.html
But when i used mini tool partition to extent memory
I couldn't do that. This function was been hidden.
Please help me. Thanks you so much.
haminhphuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You could try my Magic Memory Upgrade Mod. With that the Kobo would upgrade itself.

I haven't tested it in a while but should still work.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2016, 01:15 PM   #3
RobertoOG
Enthusiast
RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura h2o
Why do you want 64G?
RobertoOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #4
haminhphuong
haminhphuong began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertoOG View Post
Why do you want 64G?
I have a 64gb card
Old 11-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #5
haminhphuong

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
You could try my Magic Memory Upgrade Mod. With that the Kobo would upgrade itself.

I haven't tested it in a while but should still work.
Thank you I tried, but failed. At the last step i could not go to language screen. Althought i check have system data.
Advert
Old 11-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Are you sure the device will support a 64GB card internally/
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:12 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It appears to have been done, check here.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #8
haminhphuong

Someone has do with 64 gb card. And I think it work with my device.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:03 PM   #9
haminhphuong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
It appears to have been done, check here.

Luck;
Ken
I known this link, and did follow this. But failed because i can't use mini tool partition to extent memory .
Old 11-25-2016, 07:56 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by haminhphuong View Post
I known this link, and did follow this. But failed because i can't use mini tool partition to extent memory .
Just downloaded and tested MiniTool Partition Wizard Free here. When I right-click on a partition, it has an option to "Move/resize" near the top of the menu. This only appeared if the card was writeable. Did you remove the card from the PC after writing the image? Also, you probably need to run it as an administrator.

As this is a free version and there is a paid version, there might be limitation on function, and larger cards/disks are likely to trigger this. I'm using a 4GB card, and it seems to be OK.

There are also other partition managers around that will you could try. I'd suggest a search to find one you like. Then there are other ways to do it. If you have access to a Linux machine, the tools are built in. Or you can put the card in the device, enable telnet and do it on the device. There is a thread here explaining how to do this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:46 AM   #11
haminhphuong

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Just downloaded and tested MiniTool Partition Wizard Free here. When I right-click on a partition, it has an option to "Move/resize" near the top of the menu. This only appeared if the card was writeable. Did you remove the card from the PC after writing the image? Also, you probably need to run it as an administrator.

As this is a free version and there is a paid version, there might be limitation on function, and larger cards/disks are likely to trigger this. I'm using a 4GB card, and it seems to be OK.

There are also other partition managers around that will you could try. I'd suggest a search to find one you like. Then there are other ways to do it. If you have access to a Linux machine, the tools are built in. Or you can put the card in the device, enable telnet and do it on the device. There is a thread here explaining how to do this.
Thankyou so much. I will try with another card.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:46 PM   #12
haminhphuong

I used transend card , and I did so easy. All of my card is new, but I think Adata brand didn't work well.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:58 PM   #13
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
When I upgraded my Glo HD to 64 GB, I used Linux and GPartEd to copy the partitions over and resize the main file system. I'm not sure why, but it didn't seem to like the new expanded filesystem, so I tried restoring to factory settings, and it reformatted the expanded filesystem and everything is fine now, and it recognizes that the main filesystem is about 58 GB.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote